This question is answered

Some Xbox Live features unavailable.

• Level   1

Hi,

I'm posting because I'm currently experiencing some strange issues with Xbox Live. Whenever I power up my 360, I get an error code "8007274c", that says "Some Xbox LIVE content is temporarily unavailable. You can still acess your profile, communicate with other players, and play games online. The content will automatically appear when it's available". 

When I run a connection test, everything seems fine - it says I have access to Xbox Live and it says all features of Live are up and running. However, I can't access features such as the Game Marketplace, which is frustrating, to say the least. 

The strange part is this issue just seemingly came out of nowhere, I was playing some Modern Warfare 3 before I decided to go back to the dashboard, and then this error popped up which I have never had before. If anyone can help me out with this, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks. 

Verified Answer
    • Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

I have had this problem also and it seems to be pretty random.  Generally restarting the console or signing out and back in again seem to fix the problem for me.  Occasionally resetting your router and modem may be necessary, because I think it often times is a result of the xbox simply miscommunicating with your router.  Here are a couple of links that discuss the problem more thoroughly.

forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx

support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict

Also, after you run the network test on the xbox, you can compare the info with what is on your computer.  To display the info on your computer: hit the "windows key"+"r" to get the run window to pop up then type in "cmd" (no quotes) then when the c:\ prompt window pops up type "ipconfig /all" no quotes, and it will list your network settings.  The values you are looking for are the DNS servers and DHCP servers.

All Replies
    • Level   1

I'm getting the exact same thing. If I try to view my friends list, that box with the status code pops up. Can't see Bing, Friends, Marketplace.

Very strange.

• Level   1

And now it suddenly works. I couldn't get it to work for about two hours. I restarted it, checked my lines, logged in and out, restarted modem. Didn't do anything. I turned it off for a couple minutes just now, turned it on, and now it works. :P

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

I have had this problem also and it seems to be pretty random.  Generally restarting the console or signing out and back in again seem to fix the problem for me.  Occasionally resetting your router and modem may be necessary, because I think it often times is a result of the xbox simply miscommunicating with your router.  Here are a couple of links that discuss the problem more thoroughly.

forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx

support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict

Also, after you run the network test on the xbox, you can compare the info with what is on your computer.  To display the info on your computer: hit the "windows key"+"r" to get the run window to pop up then type in "cmd" (no quotes) then when the c:\ prompt window pops up type "ipconfig /all" no quotes, and it will list your network settings.  The values you are looking for are the DNS servers and DHCP servers.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

I had this before i just restarted my router, but leaving for about 15 minutes

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Greetings, Joco! Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues connecting to LIVE. To get started let's have you take a look at this sticky and post your responses to the questions in bold at the bottom of the page: forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx. This will help us get started with the troubleshooting process. Thanks in advance! Standing by. :)

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

Thanks for the replies everyone, and sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner. When I was having the problem I decided to stop playing for the night, and when I played later the next day the issue was gone. Not sure what the exact cause was, but everything's fine now. Thanks for the help.

• Level   S

Glad to hear it, Joco. Happy gaming to you! :)

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!