This question has suggested answer(s)

SaysmI need a wifi adaptor but it has wifi built in.

• Level   2
Can someone help me. I just got a second Xbox.this time I got the star wars One with Kinect. When we first plugged it in everything worked great. Until three days ago no it says we need a wifi adaptor, but this unit has it built in. We were able to get online the first two days we had it. I have unplugged the router and Xbox. My other Xbox has no problem connecting as well as my wii, iPad and laptops. I have disconnected all of them from the internet but the star wars Xbox. But it still says I need an adaptor. HELP!
All Replies
    • Level   V

On the dashboard, try going to System Settings and then Network and see if it shows any wireless options there.

• Level   2

That is where it tells me to connect a wireless adaptor

• Level   V

Can you try unplugging your modem/router for 10 seconds and then plug it back in?  Perhaps the console is having a problem seeing your router.

• Level   2

I have done that several times. I just tried it again with no luck. I have also turned off wii, Xbox 1 and all computers including iPad. Still nothing

• Level   2

I took the wireless adaptor off my other xbox and it is working fine now. I don't want to spend another 100 on an adaptor when my brand new one has it built in

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

It would seem that there is a problem with the internal WiFi of this XBOX 360 S. Since it's been less than 30 days you can return to the retailer with the receipt and they will be able to exchange it out for you. If the retailer will not exchange it then please visit the XBOX Service website here and schedule a repair for the console.

It will be easier to get it exchanged from the retailer. 

• Level   8

Hi, can you try this:- www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../223-cannot-detect-wireless-adapter-on-the-xbox-360s-slim