This question is answered

Connecting xbox 360 s to Arris TG862g modem supplied by comcast/xfinity

• Level   1
If you're looking for a simple fix to get your xbox s w/ kinects to connect to your "lovely" Arris Tg862 modem supplied by Comcast/Xfinity wirelessly, 
simply change your security mode to "wpa2-psk (AES)" from the "WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) recommended.

1) open browser and put in 10.0.0.1 and log in to your router ("admin" and "password" are default login I believe..please correct if wrong)
2) on the top left hand side click "connection"
3) click WiFi
4) click "edit" when it pulls up your wifi network
5) on the pulldown tab next to "security mode" select "WPA2-PSK (AES)
6) click "save settings"
7) go back to XBox and refresh the wireless networks, select your network and connect (make sure you disconnected first)

Hope this helps, it's sort of vague but if, like me, you have been racking your brain trying to figure it out you should have no problems. 
 Plus, you won't have to pay for a service (*finger* to Comcast) that should already be provided under the the costs that you already incur.

All Replies
    • Level   7

Hi

Is this a definite fix as I've asked people to do this in the past when looking at this FAQ www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../111-troubleshooting-and-improving-wireless but they've said it doesn't work?

I take it you have this modem and can vouch for it working?

• Level   1

Shadow..

It worked great last night, I even disconnected and reconnected numerous times and shut the console on and off and it was still connecting and doing great.  It was fine this morning when I got up UNTIL I went to do an Xbox update and now I'm back to where I started....unable to get back on Xbox live...BUT, it appears the xbox is connecting and Comcast is blocking the traffic, I'm finding the blocked attempts in the Arris Modem/router....I will play w/ it again today and see what I come up with.

**Comcast claims to have an "easy" fix to this but wanted me to sign up and pay extra for their "support" service...I thought it was a load of crap, let them know how I felt and hung up.  Although I can very easily afford the service fee I REALLY don't have any desire to pay extra for a service they should already provide.  And, even though I've spent far more time than it's worth on this, I will continue out of spite...

• Level   7

Ok please let me know how it goes :)

• Level   1

Im having the same problem what website do i go to for my router TG862g/ct

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Hey DieHardSkinsFan! I've responded to your original post, please refer there for any questions you have. :)

• Level   1

I tried this and it didn't work any other suggestions?

• Level   S

Hey Buttload48! Would you be able to create a brand new thread in this forum, so we may help you out individually? Make sure to include all the information requested in our start here sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx) so we can get a good idea of your network set up and the issue at hand! :)

• Level   2

no solution?

• Level   1

I was having the same issue, on WI-FI and Ethernet connection, no matter what it didn't connect. So just to exhaust all options, I entered a random MAC Address under the advanced settings in the xbox, and Bam! it connected with no issues. Try this, it may work for you all.

• Level   S

Hey there, Murgui. If you need assistance can you please create a new thread for us? Be sure to include a detailed description of what you are encountering and what troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. We'll be happy to assist you there. Thanks very much! Standing by for your thread.

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

i have been having the exact same issue with my modem but it doesnt want to connect at all to it

• Level   1

But so far its worked what he said

• Level   1

lol i tried it after like a couple mins i saw results so thank you for this thread it might mess up in the future but for now its ok

• Level   1

idk wat MAC address to put

• Level   1

I put a MAC address and I'm still laggin