This question has suggested answer(s)

Security Check!?!

• Level   2

I have just signed into my Xbox and was not connected to live, I connect and I get presented with a security check. Asking me to make sure I have access to the account specified (which I don't). So I follow the steps they say to take by visiting xbox.com/lostproofs and update my information. Then selected 'I Just Fixed This Online' and it still shows my email address I do not have access to and now cannot access Live!! What the hell is going on!?!

All Replies
    • Level   8
    • Suggested Answer

I would recommend calling 1-800-4MY-XBOX. If the website authentication is failing, Xbox Support will have to change your account information manually after they ensure you're really the account holder. My account got hacked into not too long ago, and they were able to manually change my e-mail address and such right then and there.

~

Good luck!

Xbox LIVE Ambassador

• Level   2

I am in the UK. Its beyond a joke, basically making my Xbox useless! It apparently takes 30 days to change my information, I dont think so!

• Level   8

Apologies. This hotline is for the UK:

~

United Kingdom

• Hours of operation:
    • Monday-Friday: 08:00-21:00
    • Saturday: 08:00-19:00
    • Sunday: 09:00-17:00
    • Phone Numbers
    • 020 7365 9792 or 0800 587 1102
    • Hearing Impaired (TTY device): 0800 5871103

~

If they can't help you, you may need to re-gain access to the listed Windows LIVE account associated with you XBL account, or keep trying to reset it through the website.

Xbox LIVE Ambassador

• Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

I had the same security check.  However, when it was asking me it told me to enter my e-mail address.  So if you successfully updated your information, try going through the steps again and see if it lets you enter your e-mail.

à tout le monde, à tous mes amis, je vous aime, je dois partir.

• Level   1

The same thing happen to me. I have the security check pop up every time I sign in to XboxLIVE. And I'm stuck at the the same problem. There is an old e-mail that I have no longer can access. I would like to change it but an error would pop up.

• Level   1

i just got plagued with this same thing! I called xbox and they changed my email but im still locked out!

• Level   9
    • Suggested Answer

The 30 day delay prevents the update process from being used by spammers and account hackers. I hope you don't mind Microsoft making life difficult for hackers.

And, please create a new thread when you post about problems, instead of replying to a post that's dated August of last year.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   1

HAHA!!! Ya this is totally typical. "Either give us all your personal information or you aren't allowed to use your Xbox Live membership that you already payed for." You're cool Microsoft. Maybe it's none of your goddamn business what my new email address is! I couldn't care less about [Mod Removed] Xbox Live anyways and I'll never touch an Xbox One with a 10ft pole, so see if I care.

• Level   2

What about an 11ft pole?

• Level   1

^    Probably already has an Xbox One preordered

• Level   2

Yup problem?

• Level   1

You have to call 1-800-4MY-XBOX. Your profile is going under whats called authentication to verify the user. If the website is not working you will have to call in to the support line during normal business hours. They will be able to remove the lock from your account and change you email address (to one you can access).

Best of Luck,

Sunset

Xbox LIVE Ambassador / Enforcement United