This question is answered

Randomly disconnect from Xbox Live (Error code 80072EF3 FIX)

• Level   2

I was playing online today (Aug 31, 2012) and was randomly disconnected from Xbox live. When I tried to sign back into Xbox live I was given an error code (80072EF3). If this happens to you follow these steps. 

NOTE: I'd like to point out that after a hour and a half of calling Xbox support I was able to find a fix with their help.

Things you will need: 

- 2 Xbox Consoles (both being able to connect to Xbox live)

- USB 

Step 1: Clear your System Cache

a) go to the SETTINGS tap on your Xbox

b) select SYSTEM 

c)  select STORAGE

d) highlight YOUR HARD DRIVE (HDD)

e) press the Y button

f) select CLEAR SYSTEM CACHE

g) select YES

Step 2: Delete your account from your hard drive

a) go to the SETTINGS tap on your Xbox

b) select SYSTEM

c) select STORAGE

d) select YOUR HARD DRIVE (HDD)

e) select PROFILES

f) select YOUR GAMERTAG

g) select DELETE

Step 3: Go to a 2nd console and sign into your account

Step 4: Use a USB drive to move your account

a) go to the SETTINGS tab on your Xbox

b) select SYSTEM

c) select STORAGE

d) select YOUR HARD DRIVE (HDD)

e) select PROFILES

f) select YOUR GAMERTAG

g) select MOVE

h) select MEMORY UNIT (you may need to format your memory unit)

Step 5: Go to your 1st console and move your account to your hard drive (HDD)

a) go to the SETTINGS tab on your Xbox

b) select SYSTEM

c) select STORAGE

d) select MEMORY UNIT

e) select PROFILES

f) select YOUR GAMERTAG

g) select MOVE

h) select YOUR HARD DRIVE (HDD)

Step 6: Sign into your account

REMEMBER: As far as I know there hasn't been a post yet about this error code (unless I'm blind and didn't notice post) and this is the only way I was able to get this problem to fix. If you happen to still have the error try the process again (maybe you somehow did it wrong) and if that doesn't work post here and I'll do my best to help.

Verified Answer
    • Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey iiMaagicHD x! If you're experiencing an issue and these troubleshooting steps did not resolve it, can I have you create your own thread in this forum so we can provide you individual support? Make sure to include the details requested in our start here sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx) so we can better help you! :)

All Replies
    • Level   9
    • Suggested Answer

Thank you!

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   1

I have a problem as well when I sign into Xbox live every now and again on certain games  it disconnects me after playing for a while. is there a solution for this? thank you for your time  

• Level   2

Or, you can try turning it off and on again. Solved it for me.

• Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey iiMaagicHD x! If you're experiencing an issue and these troubleshooting steps did not resolve it, can I have you create your own thread in this forum so we can provide you individual support? Make sure to include the details requested in our start here sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx) so we can better help you! :)

• Level   2

Thank YOU :)

• Level   5

thanks for posting this. THANKFULLY i didnt have to try this. i turned my xbox off then back on.