This question is answered

IP Address Error

• Level   6

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Mentor, Ohio, United States
Modem brand & model number: AT&T2Wire Gateway 2701HG-B
Router brand & model number: N/A
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Internal adapter
Things you have tried: Everything but assigning the IP address on http://www.xbox.com/ipaddress-help
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown: Unknown
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? No
Any Error Codes you encounter: None.
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? AT&T 
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W: 0000-0021
X:  4000-1001
Y:  0000-0000
Z:  0000-0000
ID: 0001-0001
L:  0015-10F1
Q:  8007-0435
T:  Wireless
D:  0.0.0.0
S:  0.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0
C: 1

Verified Answer
    • Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey there MOEWITTDACAKEZ! Please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any steps you've taken so far to fix it. That is how these forums work best as it lets us tailor our support to your specific issue. ^_^

All Replies
    • Level   2

There was a problem with xbox live earlier today, but don't worry it's fixed now. You should (hopefully0 be able to connect to the xbox live now.

• Level   6

Nope, that's why I posted this, I can't connect.

• Level   8

Hi, can you tell us what wireless security you are using? WEP? WPA? WPA2?

WPA2-PSK(AES) is the best option to use if possible. Also (just as a test) try with no security at all to see if you can connect, which includes any wireless mac address filters/lists, turn those off also

• Level   6

WEP. It still isn't working, and I'm out of answers for this. Rented some movies for now but some Mass Effect soon would be an even better release after a long day that watching old episodes of Jericho and House!

• Level   8

I wouldn't use WEP. Try no security at all to start with, if that works  you've narrowed the problem down. Then try using WPA2-PSK(AES)

• Level   6

I did. I also hard reset my modem, and now the Wireless light won't come on, and my Xbox won't even try to connect before it gives me the "Unable to connect" error.

• Level   8

Can you try wired as a test?

• Level   1

no

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

906EBBFC9E9A

• Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey there MOEWITTDACAKEZ! Please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any steps you've taken so far to fix it. That is how these forums work best as it lets us tailor our support to your specific issue. ^_^