This question is not answered

WPA2 Enterprise connection at college...360 doesnt pick it up

• Level   1

Just moved into my college dorm for the summer and hooked up my xbox and to my dismay it cant find the wireless network. I know its there. My iPhone picks it up just fine. any ideas? Its the 4th and my IT department isnt open.

Oh yeah I also tried to set it up via connect to new network. You know the one where it doesnt pick it up so you have to specify.

Apologies for the horrendous lack of apostrophes but in my move I lost the cap to the apostrophe key on my keyboard. :( 

Edit: little tidbit from my college tech site explaining the wireless setup. 

WPA2 Enterprise (not Personal or PSK) with AES encryption, and PEAP authentication

PS Xbox the forums are ugly, clunky, and non informative, especially to new users.

"Q"annoying adam"Q" Since you're giving up on Gears, maybe now you can focus on that life you've been talking about getting.
All Replies
    • Level   5

It is an old 360 with the microsoft 99.99 adapter, or is it a 360-s model?

-

Is your phone getting a good signal (example, all bars full?) from the same spot your 360 is trying to connect from? It might just be too weak for the 360 but strong enough for your phone. Check your adapter and 360 - it might be something wrong with one of them. Do you have any other wifi devices besides the phone and 360?

-

New users are not level 3.

You say: "Gameplay is more important than story."
    I say: "Why can't I have both?"

• Level   1

The new one with the built in wi fi. Great signal on iPhone. iPhone is right next to 360. Dont see that as an issue. There are around 15 access in and or around me within 20 or so feet. My computer has wireless but it doesnt pick up the signal either which is odd. But then again I did lose the antenna for it. Its a new computer so the computer isnt the issue, I dont think.

-

It still looks horrendous.

"Q"annoying adam"Q" Since you're giving up on Gears, maybe now you can focus on that life you've been talking about getting.
    • Level   1

Hey mate, it's quite possible you'll need to work with your IT department in the dorms to establish the connection, but let's see if we can't get this sorted out today ourselves. For starters, we'll need as much info as possible, so please answer the bold questions listed here

• Level   1

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Chicago, Illinois, USA

Modem brand & model number: unknown

Router brand & model number: unknown

Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired Wireless

If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? WPA2 Enterprise (not Personal or PSK) with AES encryption, and PEAP authentication

Things you have tried: Setting it up manually, restarting Xbox, restarting computer, turning everything off and then trying to connect, installed root certs, checked for new driver, disabled and re enabled wireless connector,

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown : Unknown

Is NAT Type Open? unknown

Any Error Codes you encounter:

What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? unknown

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? unknown

When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen? Cant connect to network.

I know its not hidden.

• Level   1

Most universities have strict settings on their networks to prevent people from using them for illegal activities. Some of those settings may be preventing you from connecting your console to their network. You will most likely have to wait until the IT department is open so you can talk to them about connecting it, if they allow it at all, to their network.