Hi there everyone, I've lately been getting some problems while on Xbox Live. These problems are fairly new, only started happening about 3 weeks ago but it's getting annoying. 3 weeks ago, live went smoothly with no lag or disconnects and this is the same Router.
Basically, I'll be on Xbox Live playing a game and during the middle of the game/after or before the start of a round or such, i'll sometimes DC from Live. WHen i DC, and i press Connect to Xbox Live again, it reconnects. Other times it says there's a problem with the connection but when i go to Test Connection it works. I don't know why this happens but it is really getting annoying. I'm pretty sure my NAT is open because when i do connection tests i don't get NAT errors and while on Black Ops 2 it says on the bottom NAT:open.
Oh and I've noticed the DC's typically (not always but it's more frequent) occur either when a game is about to start/finding a match or right after it ends.
check your internet download speed and if its below 2 MB/s then that's probably the reason if not then are you connecting by Ethernet or wifi if you are connecting by Ethernet and have a download speed above 2mb/s im unsure but if you have a download speed of above 2mb/s and connecting using wifi you may be too far away
Hmm, does it depend on which computer i do the test on or anything? On my new Mac i got this result.
As i stated in my first post, this is a fairly new problem, before it never did anything like this. Also yes I'm using WiFI
"you may be too far away" <- Xbox too far from Router?
Is it connected to your modem or router by WiFi or by an ethernet cable. If WiFi, please unplug any MadKatz or Turtle Beach wireless headset base station and retry it. Also, if there's a cordless phone base station (we're not talking about cellphones, but about wireless house phones) within 3'/one metre, please move it further away from the Xbox.
How many bars of WiFi do you get for your internet connection? If you have 3-4 bars, that's fine, but 1-2 bars is too weak a signal to count on from your WiFi router to the Xbox.
Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7
I'd continue, if needed, by clearing the system cache (it's just temporary files plus game updates, automatically reloaded) by:
1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go 2 clicks right to Settings, pick System Settings.
2) Select Storage (or Memory if Storage).
3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.
4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.
Delete profile from your console
1) go to www.xbox.com/accounts & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then STOP: DON'T delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support support.xbox.com/contact-us for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:
2) Go to Settings
3) pick System
4) choose Storage
5) pick All Devices
6) choose Gamer Profiles
7) pick the gamertag
8) choose Delete, and
9) pick Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.
1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button
2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.
3) Enter the Microsoft Account addresse for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.
4) Enter the password for the Microsoft Account.
4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.
5) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).
6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!
7) Sign in, and retry.
I use WiFiand I normally get 3-4 bars and my phone is a pretty safe distance away from the xbox. Should I proceed to clearing the cache? I don't know how doing that will help with dc problems but hey I'm no expert lol.
Same here =/ I Keep getting random disconnects from XBL. Then I go to test connection and it connects back up...So weird. Makes me paranoid lol
Yeah, it seems quite a few people have this problem, hope it isn't on Microsoft's end.
Anyways, i cleared the cache and still no improvement, in fact now it dc's more often. I'm going to try the Delete Profile method stated here, and then see.
Hello ChaotiC SceptoR! I've got a couple questions that might help us get to the bottom of this - Do your disconnections only occur in games? Or do you also have trouble streaming content? Do the disconnections happen in all games or just specific ones? Can you make sure that your router has the most recent version of firmware? And let us know what make and model of router and modem you're currently set up on! That information would be great. :)
Let us know if downloading the profile helps as well!
@Mirror Ripper we'd be happy to help you out if you could create your own thread in this forum with the information requested in our start here sticky. :)
How to use the forums
Hi Miss Kleo, thanks for your post. Well last night , my brother had done an update on our Router after Re-downloading my profile didn't solve the problem. He reset everything on our Router after the update and it seemed to get rid of the Disconnect problems i've been having. I don't disconnect now however i sometimes get 2-3 seconds of Lag during games like Black Ops 2.
As to the questions you asked, the dc's had happened in all the games i play (which recently has only been Black Ops 2 and Guardians of Middle Earth), and it happened while streaming content as well. I'm pretty sure my brother had updated the firmware last night which is what probably helped stop the Dc's however the few moments of lag at some points can be bothersome.
My Router- MWN-WAPR150N WIRELESS N BROADBAND ROUTER.
It might be because wifi