This question has suggested answer(s)

8015d002

• Level   1

Out of nowhere my Xbox account changed.  It has given me a new gamertag and I am unable to access my old one.  Whenever I try to connect to Xbox Live it gives me the error code 8015d002.  So I went and did all the solutions I could find on the forum and none of them worked.  Now I can't even log on to my old profile because one solution was to delete the profile and download it.  But when I downloaded my gamertag it came up as NauseantOhio9.  My real gamertag is K1LL ME IM BAIT but I can't log on to it from the computer or my console.  I've done every available solution on the forums and none of it has worked.  How else can I get my old gamertag back?  http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/p/addpost.aspx  <--- didn't help.

All Replies
    • Level   2

Hello NauseantOhio9,

Unfortunately the error code means your account no longer exist and if the follow information doesn't help then. You should call xbox live support 1800 4MY XBOX.

Overview

If you see error code 8015D002 when you try to sign in to Xbox LIVE, there’s a problem with your account.

Read this page to learn more about error 8015D002 and what you can do about it.

On this page

Error code and message

Error code 8015D002 contains the following message:

Account does not exist.

Status Code: 8015D002

Problem

If you get this message and error code, it means there’s a problem with your account. For example, the security information for your account may need to be updated.

Solutions

To resolve this issue, try the following solutions. If a solution does not resolve the issue, go to the next solution.

Solution 1: Verify your Microsoft account security information

Follow these steps:

1. Visit Microsoft account
      Note If you forgot your password or can’t sign in using your password, reset your password.
    2. Click Edit security info.
    3. Verify your security information. For example, verify the Phone numberAlternate email address, and Security question information.
    4. Sign out of your Microsoft account and then sign in again.
    5. Try to sign in to Xbox LIVE again.

Solution 2: Delete and re-download your Xbox LIVE profile

For help, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.

Solution 3: Clear the system cache

To clear the system cache, follow these steps:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, select Settings, and then select System Settings.
    2. Select Storage or Memory.
    picture
    1. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
    2. Select Clear System Cache.
    picture
    1. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

1 sign in at http://account.live.com

2 change your password

3 make sure there's an alternate email address, cell phone number, and secret question under Edit Security Info and they're all correct - and if not, change them.

4 If you see a message which says Blocked account, follow the steps on the screen.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   1

None of these worked for me I have the same exact problem plus I can't go on xbox.com with my main account linked to this Microsoft account give us some real help please

• Level   S

Hey there xJockey! If the above steps didn't work for you, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any steps you've taken so far to fix it. That is how these forums work best as it lets us tailor our support to your specific issue. ^_^

Do you have an idea to improve Xbox for everyone? Share it with us at Xbox Feedback!

How to use the Forums!