This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox live asking for email/password EVERY LOG IN....

• Level   1
For the past few weeks my Xbox 360 prompts me to enter my email and password when I first turn on the Xbox. I have gone to Xbox.com/proofs like it said and entered ALL the information. I have cleared the cache( memory unit, hard drive and my 16 gig USB drive), I have deleted and re-downloaded my profile. Sometimes it works, most of the time it does not. Rarely, downloading my profile will work, but also turning the Xbox off and on, off and on over and over will sometimes get it to connect. What is going on? Why does it take me 20-30 minutes of deleting, downloading and entering data ( that Microsoft already has ) EVERY time I want to use a service I pay for?
All Replies
    • Level   9
    • Suggested Answer

A sequential power cycle is the first step in clearing connection problems, and the order and timing of the steps is important to success:

1) turn off the Xbox and unplug the power supply cord from the back of the Xbox then

2) unplug power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway' or only use a modem with no router. If either, skip steps 3 & 6).

3) unplug power from the modem.

4) Wait at least 5 minutes then replug the modem/gateway power.

5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem/gateway which says BROADBAND, ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router or a modem with no router, then when that light says it's ready, skip to step 7.

6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may or may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.

7) Plug in and turn on the Xbox.  For more background on Ports, see whatismyipaddress.com/port

If the problem persists, please send us the info we need from forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx so we may work on this further.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?
    Modem brand & model number:
    Router brand & model number:
    If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
    Things you have tried:
    Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown
    Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?
    Any Error Codes you encounter:
    Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?
    After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
    W:
    X:
    Y:
    Z:
    ID:
    L:
    Q:
    T:
    D:
    S:
    C:

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   1

Thanks for the reply, I will try all the steps later, I'm connected right now.....

I will reply back with requested info if the steps you provided do not help with log ins at future times.

• Level   9
    • Suggested Answer

well, if it works, don't fix it... but you need help, holler!

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7