This question is not answered

error code 80154016

• Level   1
I keep getting this error code. I've reset password still get it. Please can you help.
All Replies
    • Level   2

Hello

This is copied from the Xbox360 Error Code Lookup

Found here support.xbox.com/.../error-code-lookup

But because I can't link it with the search term attached ill paste it all below to save you the trouble

Problem

You see the following error code and message when you try to change the Microsoft account that is associated with your Xbox LIVE profile:

Can't retrieve information from Xbox LIVE. Please try again later.

Status code: 80154016

This may mean that that there’s a problem with your Microsoft account. For example, the Microsoft account might have been deleted or blocked, or there may be a problem with the security information in the account.

Solutions

Solution 1: Verify that you are not signed with the old Microsoft account

To resolve this issue, verify that you are not signed in with the old Microsoft account on another device. For example, verify that you are not signed in with the old Microsoft account on your home computer or smartphone.

If you are signed in on another device, sign out and then try again to associate your profile with a different Microsoft account.

Solution 2: Verify the information for your Microsoft account

1. Sign into your Microsoft account.

Note If you forgot your password or can’t sign in by using your password, reset your password.

2. Note any error messages that are displayed.
    3. After you resolve any errors, verify the information for your Microsoft account. For example, verify the billing information and the information in the Password and security info section.
    4. Sign out of your Microsoft account, and then sign in again.
    5. Sign in to Xbox LIVE and try to download your profile again.

Solution 3: Try to sign in at Xbox.com

1. Click Sign In at the top of any xbox.com page, such as this one.
    2. Type the user name and password for your Microsoft account, and then click Sign In.

Solution 4: Clear the system cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
    2. Go to settings and select System Settings.
    3. Select Storage or Memory.
    4. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
    5. Select Clear System Cache.
    6. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Solution 5: Move and then redownload your Xbox LIVE profile

1. Format a spare USB flash drive as a Memory Unit.
    2. Move your profile to the flash drive that you formatted in step 1. To do this, follow these steps:
      1. Plug the USB flash drive into your console.
      2. Go to settings and select Storage.
      3. Select All Devices.
      4. Select Gamer Profiles, and then select your gamer profile.
      5. Select Move.
      6. Select the USB flash drive that you want to move your profile to.
      7. Remove the USB flash drive from your console.
    3. Redownload your profile. For help, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.

If you still experience the problem, contact Xbox Support by clicking the “Contact us” link at the bottom of this page.

XBOX AMBASSADOR | ENFORCEMENT UNITED | FORUM SPECIALIZATION
    If my reply or post helped you, hit me up with a like
    More question? Message me on Xbox

• Level   1

Well that is typical Microsoft crap support right from the get-go.

We (I) get this message on my XBOX 360 when trying to sign in (have not signed in in over a year).

What the hell is " the old Microsoft account"?  There is no old/new, its just my xbox account!

What the hell is a "Microsoft account" to begin with - is that the live.com account we were forced to create some time back?  Is it tied to my hotmail account?

I'm signed in to xbox.com just fine right now.

In fact I signed into my xbox account just fine before I got that message.

I guess its cache clearing time. <facepalm>   This is what a 'game box appliance' has devolved into - a PC with all the problems of a web browser? <double-face-palm>

This problem may also go back to basic brand misuse.  I'm trying to download and use the Amazon Video app on the XBox 360.  It say I need an XBox Live account -so thats what I'm trying to log into as requested.  Well the issue may well be that what it REALLY should say is it requires an "XBox Live GOLD" account -which I don't have - and when logging in it sees I only have a SILVER account.  If that is the problem then say GOLD when you ask for XBOX Live.

So here is the mess of 'microsoft/xbox' related account/brand/spaghetti that is causing a lot of this in my mind - they are/could be all interrelated ins some way and refereed to at different locations by different names, and maybe even mislabeled:

XBox account

XBox Live account

XBox Live Gold account

XBox Live Silver account

Live Account

Microsoft Account

Hotmail Account

live.xbox.com

xbox.live.com

• Level   1

By the way, I'm not trying to "change" anything, I'm just trying to log into my friggen xbox live account on my xbox.  It worked 10 months ago when I used my xbox 360 last, but now... nothing and the help is not applicable.

• Level   1

Hello, here's a possible solution. Try creating a new Silver(Free) account for Xbox Live. Deleting your current one is not needed and will most likely not fix your problem. Try signing in to your new account, if you still get the error message try contacting Xbox Support.

In addition, I hope you don't mind typing the error message down or at least majority of it so the community can further assist you in this issue. However, I do highly recommend contacting support if this specific error message appears again after attempting my previous suggestion. I hope this information came in handy. Take care and I hope your problem gets resolved.

• Level   1

Hello, here's a possible solution. Try creating a new Silver(Free) account for Xbox Live. Deleting your current one is not needed and will most likely not fix your problem. Try signing in to your new account, if you still get the error message try contacting Xbox Support.

In addition, I hope you don't mind typing the error message down or at least majority of it so the community can further assist you in this issue. However, I do highly recommend contacting support if this specific error message appears again after attempting my previous suggestion. I hope this information came in handy. Take care and I hope your problem gets resolved.

• Level   1

I'm getting the same problem as tsmailus i have/used to have Xbox Live Gold account now the time on the gold account has expired so it SHOULD be a silver now but when ever it auto-logs my account i can be in my account but no be able to connect to Xbox live but when ever I'm not in my account i have silver Xbox live so I'm just confused

• Level   1

you know what i just gave up and made this account and is giving it gold