This question is not answered

I need to use that offline patch.

• Level   2

I won't have access to the internet for awhile starting in a few hours. I've already downloaded both updates and am confidant that I can use them without issue as I'm very good with technology. But now that they have been taken offline and MS says they will help us, I am confused. Can I still even use them? Was there an issue with those updates and using them can possibly brick my One? Who do I talk to to go about getting the update offline? I need to know ASAP.

Thanks!

All Replies
    • Level   S

Hi dysphunkti0n,

That is correct, we pulled the "Emergency Online Update".

For transparency, we have stated that the Xbox One will need an internet connection to install the 'Day One' update, so even if the emergency update were available, you would still need to connect your console to the internet to successfully install the full update and use the console. 

If you will not have a connection available, I would suggest taking your console to a friends house or something, and installing the update their.

Hope that clears things up, and let us know if you have anymore questions.  

• Level   2

So what do I do with the two updates I had already downloaded, the ones you pulled?

I'm a little confused as to why it was even put up in the first place, but I understand that errors happen, no issue there, really. Anyway, so basically the only way to update my console will be via connecting it to Xbox Live?

• Level   2

You will need to connect to the internet for the first time. This was explained thoroughly ahead of time. After the day one patch you're free to disconnect from Xbox LIVE.

• Level   2

you have to go with a friend and use his network

• Level   1

Yeah dude, go to a friend's house. That makes much more sense than having the update files available for USB install. If you can get it on the Internet, it's a paper weight. The setup can't be cancelled and won't complete without an Internet connection.

• Level   2

I feel bad for people with low caps on their internet. Downloading a file to 79% over and over and over probably eats through some peoples cap.

• Level   2

My cap is unlimited but as the hours roll past without a single comment from MS even admitting there is a substantial update issue is terrible customer service. I quit trying after 4-hours and will be hoping it gets fixed before I get off work.

If you are going to be so ill-prepared as to required a day one, mandatory update to make your $499 console functional...you'd better have the back-end up and running properly to support it.

#xbrickone

• Level   7

May I ask why the update was not installed during the time postes were made here??????   YES!!!!  the ONLY way to update is by connecting the console online.   GOOD LUCK!!!!

• Level   2

I called earlier today and had the option to have them call me back. Two hours later they call me and I have an hour conversation about what is wrong with it. Customer Service is lost on this new console, not a clue what is going in. 45 minutes into the conversation the woman asks me AGAIN if I am SURE I have the batteries installed correctly. After I say yes the controller is able to connect and make a few selections she then asks me if I am sure the xbox is plugged in. She then told me they would be doing a followup call sometime in the next 5 days since they could not fix my problem and if I needed a replacement unit that it would take at least 3 weeks to ship one to me. Awesome service on for Day One Xbox.