This question has suggested answer(s)

Green Screen of Death...

• Level   3

It's now 2am and we've been waiting for the xbox one to just get past the very initial green start up screen. We saw the logo come up, I hear the HD moving inside, We feel heat come off the xbox one, we see the center of the X pulsating so it's not frozen. But still nothing. This is nuts. We've gotten no where fast. Looks like back to the game store at 10am.

All Replies
    • Level   1

Mine too

• Level   1

On hold waiting for support will let you know once I speak to someone

• Level   3

Cool. Thanks. This is painful

• Level   1

On hold for 60 mins

• Level   1

On hold for 50 mins ...read online someone had that problem and it correctrd itself 12 hours later...could be cause he got it early and server wasn't up ?  Not sure but I'm going to sleep in a half hour if I don't get anyone will leave it on all night and see what happens when I wake up

• Level   1

Mine did that so I thought maybe I will turn it off wait for ten minutes and then turn it back on but now not even the green screen pops up. On hold with support for about 45 minutes now :(

• Level   1

Hit  "A" or the xbox button .......

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Connect your controller and press A or something and it will take about 2-5 seconds then it will work

• Level   1

Tried that with both controllers ... Nothing ... Maybe I thought it was the hdmi cable and changed that too but nothing and still on hold with support and that's almost 2 hours now :(. I even tried registering the device but it says access denied for some reason

• Level   1

hmm alright turn the console off by holding the power button for 5 secs then unplug and do the usual then turn the xbox on with the controller hope that helps :D

• Level   1

Spoke to support said if it doesn't go past green screen within 30 seconds then turn it off for 30 seconds and turn back on...said someone got it working  after about 15 tries.

• Level   1

They said same to me said everyone with this problem got it working

• Level   2

please be sure you are connecting console properly, the power supply is the last thing you must plug ... (to wall outlet), if still the issue after that try hold the power button for 5 secs to restart console

• Level   3

Mine was stuck forever and I rebooted it a couple of times trying new hdmi ports and now when I turn it on it goes straight to a blank screen.  Help?!

• Level   1

I've been rebooting it for at least 25 mins now alternating thirty second intervals between in and off and still stuck at green screen. It's a little annoying to say the least that customer support said this tactic was a 100% affective but obviously it's not