This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox One - Won't read any discs

• Level   5

Just picked up my console at midnight launch, Day One edition

The Console will not read any of the 2 games I bought and makes a crunching sound when a disc is inserted. Is this a known issue and am I going to have to send in my console and wait months for a new one?

All Replies
    • Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

You may want to check with the retail store you purchased it from to see if they can exchange it out for another, but going through Xbox online repair or Xbox Support may be your best option.

• Level   5

having the same problem. Been on hold for an hr. Its about as frustrating as it gets

• Level   1

Same here this is ridiculous.

• Level   1

me to

• Level   2

im stuck talking to this useless person in an online chat

• Level   1

Me too

• Level   2

there telling me to go to settings and system settings and then storage but i can't even do that. mine doesn't even give me the option to do it

• Level   1

I am having the same issue

• Level   1

Just finished with tech support, they are shipping out a xbox one coffin however they apparently can't overnight it, i won't be getting it until next week at best, and with thanksgiving approaching it'll be december before im gaming again. oh well $500 poorly spent

• Level   1

When I insert a disc, it makes clicking noises for about 5 seconds and then stops. then the console says to put in a game disc, DVD or bluray disc. I think my BRAND NEW console is screwed

• Level   2

yep have the same problem. its driving me insane. all i want to do is play

• Level   1

I'm waiting for the online chat to open up, but theres a wait for it. I'm gonna stay up all night and call Microsoft in the morning. I'm kinda furious right now. The Serenity Prayer isn't really working

• Level   2

Has anyone tried downloading the Blu-ray Player? I'm having the same issue, and was wondering if that was the solution.

• Level   1

Having the same problem but no funny noises from the disk drive. Has anyone checked the system update number in the System/Console info/OS version and noticed it is 6.2.10210.0 instead of the---6.2.10422.0 on the system update support page?

• Level   1

I downloaded the blu ray player app and it still is doing it.