This question has suggested answer(s)

No Signal when powering on XBox One

• Level   1

So I just got my console at midnight, removed my 360 and plugged in my  XBox One... When I power it on, the power brick light goes white, the xbox logo on the console and the controller both go white, that to me is a good sign... However, my TV keeps scrolling the text "No Signal". Yes, I'm 100% certain it's in the right port and the right channel. When I plug my 360 into it that same port/channel it works. When I plug my PS4 and PS3 into that same channel/port it works. When I plug my Apple TV into that same channel/port it works.

I decided to try and connect it to another tv and got the same results. I plugged the HDMI cable into this computer monitor and received the same results.

So, is this a broken XBox or am I missing something stupid here?

All Replies
    • Level   1

i had my own HDMI it did same thing, grabbed one out of the box which it came with and plugged it in and it worked no problem im not sure what the issue is with it

• Level   1

I'm using the HDMI cable that came with it. I also swapped it out with other HDMI cables that I own and nothing help. Nothing else seems to be having this problem but the XBox One.

• Level   1

Same thing for me this morning.

I have a Toshiba TV and my Xbox 360 was working just fine. Unplugged it and sadly put it away!

Set my Xbox One up using the HDMI cable that came with it and made sure everything was connected correctly. All my TV displays is its standard blue screen suggesting its not receiving any signal.

I tried some old HDMI cables with it and have the same problem.

Somebody help!

I never play for fun; I play for the thrill of the kill, the thrill of the chase and the sweet taste of victory!
    • Level   1

Same thing is happening to me. God damn!! Why me.

• Level   1

Same thing is happening to me and I'm just pissed.

• Level   1

DERPPP.... I found the solution. your plugging it in to the cable box side.

• Level   1

Hahahaha thank you sir!!! Totally forgot about that. Problem fixed.

You made a 32 year old kid happy ;)

• Level   1

^^^ At least I'm not the only one feeling stupid :) glad I could help.

• Level   1

I've double checked and i'm not plugging it into the cable box side, my HDMI cable is plugged into the port next to the power cable

I never play for fun; I play for the thrill of the kill, the thrill of the chase and the sweet taste of victory!
    • Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

I had the same thing - tried switching ports on the TV and the cable (from my really good one to the boxed one) - still nothing.  In the end I tried a leaf out of the old help desk book.  I turned it off (and unplugged the power from the socket), unplugged the HDMI cable and left it for 5 minutes.  Then plugged it back in (using the boxed HDMI cable) - for some reason it has all worked fine!

• Level   S

Hey there folks!

If you're still having display issues, I suggest giving out Troubleshooting a blank TV or monitory with your Xbox One support article a shot and work through the solutions there.

Let us know how that goes in your own individual threads (so we can work with each of you individually). ^_^

Do you have an idea to improve Xbox for everyone? Share it with us at Xbox Feedback!

How to use the Forums!

• Level   1

Still not working and I cant tell if I'm doing the boot into low res option as per the guide.

• Level   1

At first mine half worked but i could not get by the update stage. Now after countless attempts i just get blank screen that then goes pitch black, almost like its powered off buy its not. Tried power button plus eject button boot up, it says 640 by 480 on screen and then just goes pitch black again! Tried everything

• Level   1

WellI'm having  the same issues here....Everything is hooked up right I unplugged replugged turned off turned on switched tv and still nothing!   I spent almost 700 bucks on the system + games ect and its a big fat dead brick.....   I did everything on the help page and (there's no way I can even tell if I'm booting into low res option as per the guide)  Looks like I'm off to the store to spend more time gas and money getting a new hdmi cable without even knowing if it's even going to resolve the issue....  Super pissed feel like a total dip shi..... for defending the xBox to all those PS4 users..

• Level   2

This thread actually made me laugh :-D Glad some of you got it working.

XboxOne Ports to Open:

• Port 88 (UDP), Port 3074 (UDP and TCP), Port 53 (UDP and TCP), Port 80 (TCP), Port 500 (UDP),Port 3544 (UDP), Port UDP 4500 (UDP)