This question has suggested answer(s)

Missing Pixels (checkerboard)

• Level   1
Having a stupid problem after everything seemed to be completely fine, I go into killer instinct and or assassins creed and from the beginning of gameplay and cinematics there are missing pixels. Is anyone else having this issue ? It's like a moving checkerboard that is always present with missing pixels and it's annoying I was so souped and want the xone over ps4... I'm let down
All Replies
    • Level   3

having the same problem close up are pixelated on nba 14 and need for speed had green lines running down the screen. changed HDMI cables still doing the same thing.

• Level   1

Same issue here. Little bump. Anyone else have or had this problem? If so anyone know a fix? I've tried a different TV but still the same issue. I'm starting to think there's an issue with the video card.

Murder Midnight

• Level   1

Same here, tried to look at settings and cords and came up with nothing. Video and cinematics seems fine just gameplay and homescreen is where the pixels are shown

• Level   3

I returned mine to gamestop for a replacement, the manager was very nice and switched it out for me. could not believe they had one.

• Level   1

iv had all the above issues aswell, iv been on the phone with xbox support for an hour to try solve this problem but it seems its the console itself. im getting the advanced replacement. replaceing it with a new box.

• Level   1

Same basic issues here. Started with setup. Pixel shapes behind text. I almost thought it was part of the design because it was subtle. Once I started playing BF 4 and saw all sorts of weird pixels and random flickering lights, I knew something was off. Popped in Dead Rising 3 and it had the same effects, only worse. Seizure type flickering and pixelated graphics everywhere. Bummer.

• Level   1

yeah this sucks I wonder if they can patch this or if we need to wait weeks for a new xbox one

• Level   1

Guys I had the same issue. Took it back to Best Buy. It's a GPU issue. It can't be patched, you need to return your Xbox.

Murder Midnight

• Level   1

Same problem, I talked to Xbox support. It was a 3 hour wait for a call back so I get that they were busy but he didn't really have me test anything and said it most likely sounds like the disk drive. I tried playing a bluray and it worked fine

• Level   1

Anyone with these issueI needs to contact there store they bought it from or like me contact Microsoft because Amazon didn't have any because it can't be patched and needs to be replaced. Get advanced replacement from Microsoft which means u get a new console within 3 days and the box it came in u put your old one in that And send it back ( already pre paid postage)

• Level   1

I have this problem, and I'm really annoyed.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

I switched out the stock HDMI cable that came with the XBOX ONE with a known good cable from Monster. It eliminated a lot of screen flickering an static interference.

***There will be a loss of signal strength for every additional components you hook up*** So having the best signal strength to start will help out dramatically.

My system is configured by HDMI Cables:   Cable into the cable box; out to XBOX ONE; out to Pioneer Receiver; out to HDTV.

• Level   1

same thing here

• Level   1

Had the same issue with my console I picked up at midnight release. Tried switching cables and even TV's before I confirmed it was un-fixable. I brought it back to my local Best Buy the next day where they didnt have any new ones to exchange. While I was there an employee gave me a tip on another BestBuy that had extras. It was only a 20 minute drive so I raced down there and successfully switched it out. It was kind of a bummer because i was up literally all night long trying to get my first console to work that I couldnt really go to sleep if i wanted any success on finding one the next morning before they sold out.

• Level   1

Ya, got my X1 from amazon. Hooked it up and first game I played was Killer Instinct. I experienced the missing pixels (checkerboard design on the characters and levels) and immediately I thought it was the game itself that had to be patched. Then I installed BF4 & sure enough the same problem. I talked with Microsoft and they said someone was gonna call me back....they never did. Fortunately Amazon had purposely held from the public standard editions of xbox ones. So i shipped out my defected one out on saturday the 23rd. I'm getting the other one on the 26th!!! Best part, Amazon told me to keep may day one controller since the standard edition don't have the day one logo on the controller, So i even got a second controller for free!!!! So, ya if your reading this and you have the same problem, go back to the place you brought it from. Microsoft will only repair the xbox, and will take weeks vs. you just going back to your retailer and getting a brand new one. This is not a software issue. It's a gnu hardware issue. So I hope this helps!! Aloha!!