This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox One not turning on at all

• Level   1

So the power brick has a yellow light on it, I turn on the Xbox it beeps turns white then turns off. Any word on a work around or am I taking the $500 brick back?

All Replies
    • Level   1

I have the exact same issue, though the light on my power brick is orange.  It is very strange considering that the Xbox One was working fine earlier this morning when I set it up in my living room.  Anyone know the cause or how to fix it?

• Level   1

Same with mine went back to gamestop they have nothing to replace it with we tried another power supply and nothing it's not. Broken power supply it's the unit itself it's DEAD! F-U MS!

• Level   1

Yeah going with a faulty unit didn't even turn on once, not very happy

• Level   1

I have exactly the same issue. Spoke to support who say the console needs repair. Not happy at all

• Level   1

Same issue here too guys. Was a very grumpy ten minutes in my house. Mine is working now though. It had the orange light on the power brick. Turning the console on would turn the light white, there would be a beep and the the light would go back to orange.

I unplugged everything and tried another plug in my house and it turned on and stayed on. Moved it back and it's fine now. Not very scientific but try unplugging and moving rooms. Worked for me.

• Level   1

same game stop said i had to send it off for repairs as they didnt have any more that wasnt pre ordered so i cant get new one so pissed

• Level   4

Same here guys ima unplug and see if that helps anything!

5,400+ Dog tags
    • Level   4

Nope nothing I did buy a spare xboxone if this happened ima try that power brick

5,400+ Dog tags
    • Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

I played my xbox first day and it worked great but then the next morning it didn't even turn on, well I think I figured out a problem, I moved my xbox onto a different tv and it worked, so I had an idea that it might been a problem with connecting my xbox with the tv so I went to the tv one guide an reset my settings and then went back to the original tv I first played it and it worked!! so if your having similar problems I suggest you, Move your xbox to a different tv, if it turns on then reset your settings on the "tv and one guide" and then you should be good to go back to your original tv. Hope this solves a lot of people's issues....by the way I never experienced any yellow light issues so I am not aware of that problem

• Level   1

Hi guys, worked perfect last night, then just a few minutes a go I pressed on ON the controller and nothing, the power brick has nothing either, but, when I plug it in and out, it goes orange just on the brick for a second then fades to nothing at all. The console has absolutely no reaction at all. Any advice?

• Level   1

@dactylstrangle That is the same exact issue I'm having. I haven't gotten any help yet.

forums.xbox.com/.../1626836.aspx

• Level   1

Same reaction on my brick box. Hotline says it has to be replaced with a new console.

• Level   1

Same issue, suggested answer not working. It will beep as if its starting up and then just shuts off

• Level   4

So I had the very same issue just turned off and wouldn't turn on!! When I pressed the on button/sensor it just flashed and made the start up noise and then nothing... I bought 2 xboxones and toke the power brick and swapped them and it works now!!! So hopefully this power brick last longer then 2 hours....waiting on xbox to call me back about what the are doing to replace faulty power brick

5,400+ Dog tags
    • Level   1

Also same issues as everyone else. Haven't gotten through to Microsoft either so I've already pinged Amazon (.ca) for a replacement unit and they're sending another one. Apparently they have stock kicking around so it should be here Tuesday.