This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox One reboots after getting ingame

• Level   1
Hello The console starts up fine, but as soon as I start a game and reach a section where actual gameplay happens the console shuts itself off and restarts. Does anyone know how to fix this? Here's a video of it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=C0bsK2B9Zxo The video ends right where it crashes. Happens every time at the same place, I'm able to start the game but as soon as I get ingame the console crashes and restarts. I've tried Ryse as well, after the intro it simply shuts itself off and reboots.
All Replies
    • Level   1

Same issue diffrent game (ghosts) I posted something earlier about freezing and restarting but no one other than you seems to have the issue. Ive tried ghosts and games that were downloaded from store all with same issue of once starting it restarts, sometimes it restarts before it even gets to the main screen of the game. Ive contacted microsoft and we are working out a replacenebt as no one seems to know what the issue is since everything else works

• Level   1

Seems almost like a heating issue since it only crashes once something strenuous is happening.  Have you tried moving it to a more open space or running a fan on it, just to try to diagnose the problem?

• Level   1

my fifa 14 does the same thing, doesn't make it to game play though. crashes once you've chosen the language you want to play the game in. also my console crashes if i try to go on avatars on the games and apps page.

• Level   1

as soon as i turn my xbox one on i can navigate the menus for 45 seconds tops and then it continuously restarts itself.. i got through the first system update and system set up fine.. then i threw in battlefield and it has been doing it to me non stop since.. i took the game out, unplugged everything, plugged it back in and nothing has helped it at all..

• Level   1

Similar issue here, restarts or shuts off the console with KI, sends me back to dashboard and restarts the game with Kinect Sports demo, at the same point every time, right before it starts the race. Apps work fine, tried xbox fitness and it didn't restart or anything but with 3d games having those restart issues. All I have to say is this really sucks, I went through the red lights situation so many times and I thought there was no way MS would let that happen again....which I don't think they will but apparently we have bad luck. Thats what I get for defending MS. =/

• Level   5

Same exact thing happening to me...KI and Sports Rivals..

The scariest words in the English language are: “Hello, we’re from the government, and we’re here to help.”

XBOX ONE DAY ONE EDITION 

• Level   1

I have this issue too. I've fixed mine by placing my xbox one nowhere near any other living room hardware, and then I unplugged the power cord from the back of the console and plugged it back in. My Xbox would randomly shutdown when it was downloading an update for the system or game. Since I moved the console, it hasn't shutoff yet. Fingers crossed!

• Level   1

I have this issue too.  I tried resetting back to system defaults - re-installing the games, etc.  No help.  I tried three different games and the console seems to have no trouble with basic OS duties like TV watching/navigating, Kinect work, or playing cutscenes in the games but the moment you actually try to get into PLAYING A GAME it crashes and reboots.  Very disappointing.

• Level   1

Ditto Nick:

Here is what happens to me... I tried to uninstall the program,  hold power button for 10 secs and then reinstall. I also restored to factory defaults. No good.

Anytime I try to install a DVD based game, it will power itself off at random times. The install never completes. I tried to reset the console back to factory defaults. It shutdown and took about 4 mins to come back up.  It didnt go back to the factory settings because i see that my home screen is the same way I left it.

Not good news. Microsoft of course is saying sorry. You need to send it back. Ok how long?

7-14 days total. thats concerning the hold on your credit card for the new system. So around the holidays, our credit cards get taxed with another 599.00. Its 3-5 business days before you get the replacement unit. Overnight is not an option!

So basically, it being the weekend, we are screwed!

Happy Holidays

• Level   1

wait so they made you pay for the replacement until they received your broken xbox one

• Level   1

I just waited an hour and a half online for a chat support technician only for him to tell me at the end of it that he can't help me and i have to wait two hours for a phone support technician because only they can handle replacements.  Could they have handled this any worse???   So very disappointed in Microsoft on this, I preordered the day they went on sale.  They're out there saying this is only affecting "a small handful of customers" but if thats true - why is there a 2 hour wait to speak to a phone technician exactly???

• Level   1

I'm having the exact same issue. Keeps rebooting, sometimes I get to the main menu, but not for long before it reboots! Been doing this for over 2 hours now. Thought maybe it was because i was installing so much stuff, but i can't even get to the page to stop it!

• Level   1

I'm having the same issue with Ryse.  After the opening cutscene the system shuts down right when gameplay should start.  AC4: Black Flag is working fine so far.  Microsoft better fix this quick.  I preordered day one, and spent over $600 dollars on my Xbox One and games.  Don't they test each system before it's packaged?  Super disappointed.

• Level   1

So I just managed to get to factory reset in my settings....took a long time before my xbox stayed on long enough. But so far its put me back to installing the update and has stayed on fine. Thinking it was probably something I had installed, so next time I will hold off, which is kinda ridiculous, and just install games.

• Level   1

when you did the reset, did it still have some of your settings? mine did and i dont understand that... like the pinned apps.