This question is answered

Console grinds when disc inserted

• Level   1

Hi,

Very disappointed with my new Xbox One Day One edition . Whenever I insert a disc, the console makes a loud grinding sound they says I must insert an Xbox One game disc, audio disc, Blue Ray, or DVD. Happens with every disc that is inserted. Google search shows this is an issue with several users. Any advice on what to do/can be done? On hold with Xbox Support now for over thirty minutes. Cannot return to store because they have nothing to exchange it with, even regular edition consoles. This is absolutely ridiculous!

Thanks in advance,

Craig (GT: Joran K)

Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hello everyone.

-

If you are experiencing issues with your disc drive that involve a grinding noise upon inserting the disc, you need to set up a repair or exchange for your console. Head to this link to do so. If you have a Day One edition console, this is a well-known issue with those specific consoles. If not, you should still try setting up a repair or contacting support when they are online.

-

I understand that this is very inconvenient, but unfortunately, the disc drives are not working if there is a grinding noise. Let me know if there are any further issues you have, and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Posts 'as is' and confers no rights.

Xbox Live Ambassador | Future Ninja

All Replies
    • Level   5

Having the same issue. Please post back if you get in contact with support

Xbox LIVE Ambassador

• Level   1

Same issue here.

• Level   1

Over an hour on hold. Doubt I'm going to be successful.

• Level   1

Right, it's telling me current hold times are over an hour. Yay.

• Level   2

Happening to me too. Awesome MS, just awesome...  Now I'm betting you'll want me to send it in, then you'll give me a new (used referb) one in 4-6 weeks after receiving my broken one.

The anticipation of death is worse than death itself.
    • Level   2

Add me to the list also.

Victim of Z2K9-The day the 30 Gig Zunes Stood Still 

• Level   1

" hours in chat,console replacement,on the upside any digital games you buy in meantime can carry over to new one,so at least you get a bit of use out of it

• Level   1

Except I can't return opened physical media if I buy the same thing digitally. And my toddler can't watch her on disc movies.BTW, and hour and forty on hold now. Thankful for speakerphone.

• Level   1

Add me to the list as well. Bought it straight from Microsoft even.

• Level   1

Yes I know that,but you can buy something different and transfer lisence over to new machine

• Level   1

add me to the list.   :(

[img*]http://i.imgur.com/nvoJm.png[/img*] 

• Level   1

Yeah mine is having the same problem. Taking it back to the store tomorrow to try my luck with that.

• Level   1

Even if your Blu-ray drive spins correctly, it still doesn't play the films! Every time I try to play a DVD/BR it just black screens. Ahh day one, gotta love it.

• Level   1

Mine is grinding also.. phone support is off for the night .. on chat support in line 140 mins left :/ got mine right from ms also

• Level   1

Phone support's closed? I've been on hold for about 45 mins now and haven't gotten any message about that.