This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox One Headset not working?

• Level   2

Is there a setting i need to enable to use the headset? i plug it in and nothing?!

Breathe and Bleed Toronto FC.
All Replies
    • Level   1

I am having the same issue. I purchased an extra controller as well. The mute button lights up and will not turn off. Please help.

• Level   2

Are you trying to use party chat? If so are you selecting "turn party chat on"?

• Level   1

Yeah, we turn on party chat, checked privacy settings, and everything. We can do party chat through the Kinnect and the tv, but the headset will only show the orange mute light.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Oddly enough I had a similar issue earlier(I never tested kinect) I did a skype call and it fixed itself. Can you at least hear people through the mic? That's a sign to see if it is dead or not.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

OK, finally got through to chat support with Microsoft. They ran a diagnostics test with the headset and deemed that it is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced. I was given an SR number and told it would be 2 to 3 weeks to get my replacement. I checked with Best Buy and the manager said if there are any issues with the new box that we'd have to deal with Microsoft directly.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Re-sync the controller to the Xbox. Let me know if that works. It worked for me.

• Level   1

The other day I was talking to some buddies and out of no where they couldn't hear me talk. But I could hear them. Ive tried everything that I could think of and it still doesnt let me talk and no its not muted or anything. Please help me. Ive only had the Xbox and the headset since the beginning of September. I believe that it cant be broken because I can hear them.

• Level   S

Hey there Rice1989!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!