This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox One Headset not working?

• Level   2

Is there a setting i need to enable to use the headset? i plug it in and nothing?!

Breathe and Bleed Toronto FC.
All Replies
    • Level   1

I am having the same issue. I purchased an extra controller as well. The mute button lights up and will not turn off. Please help.

• Level   2

Are you trying to use party chat? If so are you selecting "turn party chat on"?

• Level   1

Yeah, we turn on party chat, checked privacy settings, and everything. We can do party chat through the Kinnect and the tv, but the headset will only show the orange mute light.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Oddly enough I had a similar issue earlier(I never tested kinect) I did a skype call and it fixed itself. Can you at least hear people through the mic? That's a sign to see if it is dead or not.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

OK, finally got through to chat support with Microsoft. They ran a diagnostics test with the headset and deemed that it is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced. I was given an SR number and told it would be 2 to 3 weeks to get my replacement. I checked with Best Buy and the manager said if there are any issues with the new box that we'd have to deal with Microsoft directly.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Re-sync the controller to the Xbox. Let me know if that works. It worked for me.