This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox One Extender Drivers for Windows 7 Home PC Network

• Level   1

Does Microsoft have drivers for allowing the Xbox One to be a Media extender like the 360 was on a Home PC network.  My Win 7 PC can add a device but the Xbox One won't function. 

Error that I get is "Digital Media Renderer doesn't have a driver"

One of my favorite features of my 360 was that I could share all my music/video's from my Win 7 Home PC.   

All Replies
    • Level   S

Hey Dorkiller No1,

You still can do that same thing but I believe believe you need to have Win8. The link that I want to attach for use is not working but as soon as it does I will post. You also have the option to use the Cloud and stream through Xbox Music. This method requires you to  have a music pass. Just another option for you to have. Again as soon I get the link I will share.

Reach back and let us know if you have any other questions.

• Level   1

Not interested in using the Cloud Services other than skydrive.  Still need a solution

• Level   6

I too would like a solution to this, other than upgrading to windows 8 :-S

Ask yourself... WWMGFD? Then do the sensible thing instead...

• Level   6
    • Suggested Answer

Ok, so a bit more investigation shows that despite the digital media renderer driver error, once the Xbox One has been added as a device on your W7 PC/Laptop it will still stream video and music...

You need to have the appropriate app running on your Xbox One - Xbox Music or Xbox Video - then right click the item and choose "play to" and select your xbox one.

Some formats don't seem to be supported and sometimes it seems a bit random as to whether it accepts a format/file or not... I managed to stream a video, when trying the same file a second time it said it was "unsupported", a third attempt said it was fine again... that's technology for ya though.

Ask yourself... WWMGFD? Then do the sensible thing instead...

• Level   1

I solved this issue by going to Devices and Printers> Right click on Xbox-system OS> Remove device.

Then re-install the device so go back to Device and Printers> add a device> click Xbox-system OS.

Now you should be able to stream media again. If it stops streaming repeat this process over again.

• Level   1

doesn't work.  Tried it a dozen times.

It worked for a while last week.  Now I just get the error.

pretty sure the issue is microsoft isn't good with working with microsoft.  i mean really.  win 7 and xbox one and nothing works.

typical crap.

• Level   3
    • Suggested Answer

No they don't.  Despite being marketed as a multimedia hub, the One lacks even the basic functionality to makes this a true statement.  No true streaming from the console and no USB storage support.   I'm really bummed I bought this thing.

After 4 dead 360's, like a dummy I bought an XBOX One. You cant stream music or movies from it, because there is no UI and they don't have HBO Go anymore. Its a FAIL as an entertainment console.
    • Level   1

All you need to do is go into your devices and printers, right click on your xbox one tab, go to its properties, then click the hardware tab, select the media device rendering driver and uninstall it.

• Level   1

That's the problem we are having DWalk, or at least the problem I am having.  I cannot even add the xbox one as a device, the PC does not see it......

• Level   1

ok...so i got mine to finally work....

win 7os

added device with no problem but then i couldnt play music or video

went to xbox and updated the xb music and video apps and now everything is nice n smooth

after adding device restart.

then make sure when it boots up that its still in devices

if not add again and reboot. it worked for me

• Level   1

This forum thread on Microsoft really helped. Just follow the instructions by RajanDahiya. It is basically the one with the most likes. It worked for me so fingers crossed for you guys.

answers.microsoft.com/.../1215a143-4528-4903-a4a6-e0fbccf6e5ea

• Level   1

that links got nothing to do with the driver problem, without the driver the device dosent work its simple logic, fact is xbox should have a download driver link

• Level   1

look what i found support.xbox.com/.../media says xbox one does not support streaming

• Level   1

they just want to squeeze more money out of us by forcing us to use xbox music and video to play things we already own on our pcs

• Level   1

just came across this thread as i had been having all the same problems as everyone else. Mine did work for a while but then stopped and i couldn't get it to work again. The link Marvel Mike provides and the info provided by RajanDahiya fixes this issue. Thanks for the helpful post Mike