This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox one mic not working

• Level   4
When I'm in a party and plug my mic into the controller it don't get pick up by the system I turn the volume right up till I hear beep but still nothing, can be said or heard thru the mic or speaker
All Replies
    • Level   1

i've the exactly same problem, the only solution that i found is to speak by kinect, i hope it's resolve soon.

• Level   1

if you find a solution please let me know.

• Level   1

Thanks

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

This might sound silly but are you remembering to "turn on party chat"? It should come up as an option under the people's names in the party. When I first went into a party on the Xbox One I didn't notice this at all and was wondering why my mic wasn't working. For some reason the party chat is muted by default... I'm not really a fan of the party chat system on the One... I use Skype to chat to my mate at the moment, means i can play a different game to him without issues.

Yt: NINJ4G4MINGCommunity

Twitch: NINJ4_G4MING

Fb: Ninj4 G4ming

• Level   4

Thanks for the help, I've tried that been jumping in and out of party's and making sure I turn it on but still nothing just keep coming thru my tv speakers, I'm gonna take a damp cloth to the connector and clean it up abit cuz the xbox one is a dust magnet.

• Level   5

I'm having kind of the same problem. My mic won't even turn on though. Yes, it's connected, I've turned party chat on, attempted to raise the volume (which doesn't work, because it won't turn on). It won't light up when I hit the mute button on the chat pad, the volume down/up does nothing, and it won't register that I'm speaking. It was working fine 5 minutes ago.

• Level   4

I think the pin inside the headsets are getting bent because it so hard to pull it out the controller, just look at my pins they dint look all that straight to me.

• Level   4

definitely an issue because I'm on my third one now.  The first that came with the system worked for a little over a week, then the mic stopped registering but the sound still came through the headset.  Went and bought a new one yesterday, it worked until just a little while ago, so i took that one back and got a replacement, and now this one is doing the same thing.  Mic is not working.  I think it has to do with the connector in the controller.  And of course if i try and get my controller replaced by Microsoft they will make me send mine back before i can get a new one which means i won't be able to play for a few weeks until they send the new one

• Level   4

i found a solution.  If your mic is no longer working try doing a system reboot by unplugging your power to the xbox console, waiting a few seconds and reboot it up.  Fixed my mic, think the problem is the cache builds up on the system and messes up the mic for some reason

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Batteries people... Change your batteries then it will work its a sign of low batteries and the rumble will stop working sometimes too when batteries are low

If guns kill people: Cars drive drunk, spoons make people fat, and instruments make bad music.

• Level   1

Still does not work

• Level   1

Its not the mic its the controller it self, there is a square connector chip in the headset port of the controller that is loosening up as we unplug and plug our headsets. The only reason i was able to tell is because i bought an extra controller that i haven't plugged the headset into as of yet. It was a very noticeable difference, i took a small screw driver and gently pushed up on the chip with in the controller to match my other controller and the mic registered fine. Pretty big design flaw, personally idc as long as they come out with a wireless mic asap, solves  a lot of problems.  

• Level   3

Same here, it was working fine then when I turned on my Xbox one day it ceased to work at all. I rebooted my Xbox and that fixed it for a couple hours then it stopped working again. Now it refuses to work at all, even when I fully shut it down and unplug it. I messed with all the settings and still nothing. I can hear a beep when I hit the volume up button and the orange led mute on/off works, just output and input aren't sending or receiving ... Just when I thought xbox one was getting better with updates it seems like this most recent one, a week or so ago, messed up my mic.

• Level   1

For the last few days when im in a party my friends hear static coming from my mic,i dont hear it and i cant figure it out.Anyone have any ideas or suggestions

• Level   1

Same problem with me, I wish Microsoft would give a solution