• Level   1

Xbox One

Dish Hopper - satellite receiver

Sony Str-da5500es - amp/receiver

Sony kdl-46xbr9 - hd tv

via hdmi from hopper to xbox one hdmi input

from xbox one hdmi out to es receiver hdmi input

from es receiver hdmi out to tv hdmi input

initial setup on Friday 22nd everything worked great downloaded the update and was off and running under settings display/audio I selected 7.1 uncompressed. The sound came out of each speaker channel from; tv, blu-ray, game, xbox video etc. It worked great, crisp, clean, separate. Then yesterday (Dec 1st) after playing some games and watching tv all day the tv signal was lost. I tried resetting, shutting down, disconnecting/reconnecting hopper nothing. I couldn't bring up the devices under settings so I did a restore to factory defaults. Went through the whole set up process again and now 7.1 only plays on the front and center channels (as does 5.1 and dts) I can only get all speaker channels with stereo uncompressed. I'm trying to figure out if I did something wrong, it seemed that initially 7.1 uncompressed forced 7.1 output no matter the source audio. Almost everything is at least 5.1 but I'm not even getting that just the center, front left and right. With the holiday weekend my family and I watched blu-rays, played games, watched xbox video and dish. I was really enjoying not having to switch sound fields on the receiver or the xbox one. Was there an update that changed the sound or was the initial set up just a happy accident. Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Other than this frustration I have been delightedly impressed with the xbox one.

All Replies
    • Level   S

Hey there Paintball! Let's see what we can do to get things sorted.

To start things off, if this exact setup worked properly at one point in time, it definitely seems like it's something that could work again. That being said, I suggest making a post over in our TV forums (Forum 10 - Live TV on Xbox One) so the TV pros can add some input on how to get things set up properly.

While we wait to hear back from them, I suggest giving these steps a shot:

• Press and hold the power button on your console for 5-10 seconds until the console powers off entirely.
    • Disconnect all audio equipment from the Xbox One console.
    • Unplug the console from the outlet.
    • Wait ~30 seconds.
    • Plug the console directly into the outlet (not into a power strip, etc).
    • Power the console on.
    • Wait until the console fully boots up.
    • Press and hold the power button on your console for 5-10 seconds until the console powers off entirely again.
    • Unplug your console form the outlet.
    • Reconnect all of your audio equipment.
    • Plug your console back into the outlet.
    • Power the console on and try watching a movie, playing a game, etc.

The purpose of all of that is to completely power cycle your console, clear your console's cache, then boot your console back up without any extra audio equipment. Then you'll power the console off, clear the cache, etc again and boot it up with your audio equipment attached. That will get as close to resetting to factory settings that I can figure without actually having to reset to factory. We can try that step next, I just don't want to clear all of your settings before we've tried other steps first.

Let us know how that goes and we'll be happy to work with you from there. Also, be sure to let us know how your other post in the TV forums goes as well. ^_^

Do you have an idea to improve Xbox for everyone? Share it with us at Xbox Feedback!

How to use the Forums!