This question has suggested answer(s)

Headset microphone not working

• Level   2

I'm in a party, and none of my friends can hear me. There is no circular illumination around my gamertag when I try and speak. The microphone is plugged into my wireless controller, and if i press the mute button on the mic, it still illuminates orange. I've only had this Xbox One not even 2 weeks. has my headset seriously already broke? If so, I'm not paying for it. Microsoft can send me a new one.

All Replies
    • Level   1

This has happened to me and my friend.  Power down your XB1 (Press and hold the XBox logo for at least 8-10 seconds on your console).  Then power it back on.  Your headset should work now.

• Level   1

This *** is happening to me as well. I have restarted my xbox multiple times and it is still not working.

• Level   8

Can you send a voice message and be heard by the recipient?

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

The only permanent fix that I have found is to turn off "use kenict for chat" and also to turn off the kenict it self and your headset will work in a party the only downfall is that you now cant use voice or gesture commands. If anyone else has a better fix, Holla at cha boi.

• Level   2

Router settings, turn DMZ on. Fixed for myself and my cousin last night after having problems after update.

Proud member of The Country Club
    • Level   2

Turning the kinect off doesn't seem to help for me what headset are you using?

• Level   2

it couldn't be router settings for the issue I'm having all my headphones with inline mics don't work but anything with an actual mic works fine

• Level   2

I was using the stock xone chat headset having this issue

Proud member of The Country Club