This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox One producing weird oily liquid?

• Level   2

If I could post a picture I would. My xbox one is leaking out some kind of oil out of the vent, and there is these white milk like stains in the center of the vents. And by milk like, i mean if you leave a glass without rinsing it off after you drank milk and it drys on. But yeah it isnt causing any problem yet but i wanna figure what it is, and maybe get it fixed, before my warrenty runs out. I havent set anything on the xbox besides the controller, the mic, or a game case so i doubt there is anything in vent besides a bit of dust. Anyone getting this or have any advice? 

All Replies
    • Level   2

When I got my Day One edition, mine had this too. Eventually it just kind of dried up and went on its way.

• Level   2

Well as long as I'm not the only dealing with this lol, but yeah I got the day one and it just start coming out, hopefully it drys up.

• Level   7
    • Suggested Answer

Hi there all if your console is leaking fluids i would contact customer support 800-4my-xbox. Thats not normal for liquids to come out of electronic devices.

XBOX Community Ambassador 

Xbox one gamer/Preview member

• Level   1

Its lactating

• Level   1

Can you please try and take a picture of it? It would do much to validate the event.

• Level   2

31.media.tumblr.com/.../tumblr_myjopr0B611qe28xso2_250.jpg

31.media.tumblr.com/.../tumblr_myjopr0B611qe28xso1_250.jpg

Upload them to my tumblr, the oil seems to have dried up but I haven't played in a few days, it only happen when I play for a few hours.

in the center you can see the milk like stains and the off to the side you see some of the oily stuff that hasn't dried.

• Level   1

Yes that does help. Can you take any higher resolution pictures of the staining?

• Level   1

How exactly does a liquid "leak" vertically?   I'm calling BS on this, since the pics you provided are unnecessarily tiny, and show little detail.   You either spilled something on it, or your home/apt. is incredibly humid, and it's condensation from the heat being generated at the vents.

• Level   1

The stain is right above the huge Xbox One exhaust fan. It's not really that far-fetched to say that if there is any "leaking",  the fan could've very well have blown it upwards, and therefore also stained the vent.

And stop attacking people who might have genuine issues. This is not the NG4/fanboy world. This is a forum for actual Xbox owners having issues.

• Level   2

I could take better ones, its night time, I'll do it in the morning. I've contacted microsoft about getting it repair and I will be sending out later this week, and Aye Karamba, I joined you site and tried to talk to the people on the site commenting on the article, to try and confront all the people saying this is fake and a troll or whatever, and basically got banned for trying to post my side of the story. Wrote out a paragraph or so of text explaining my situation but it said it was spam every time I tried to edit it and post it, Anyway is there a way you could add in what I was as a quote from me or something.

• Level   2

one the NG4 site, Basically, I said that I didn't just take a picture as soon as I saw the residue I waited two weeks then I came here to the forums, to try and find out if I was the only one with the problem, and then today, I posted the pictures and contacted microsoft, like the person up there suggested. I take relative good care for my xbox, I've only place my controller or the mic on top of the xbox, I haven't spilled anything on it and the oily sticky ness you see in the pictures is me trying to wipe it up earlier in the week, hoping the problem went away. I've read a few off the comment on the sites saying I'm a fake or a troll cause they don't see any xbox one games on my recent games, Both AC4 and BF4 are xbox one games, the only ones I have. I can assure you this is not fake, I don't have an actual camera, but I'll see what I can do about getting a better picture.

• Level   1

I'll update our article. Thanks, Cynical.

• Level   4

Dosent look fake or trollish to me , has a pretty good gamer score......could have had something dropped in there coming down the line, then when it heats up it melts a little......big gob of thermal paste maybe but it dosent melt like that......capacitors can leak but I wouldn't think that much.......probably a worker sneaking some lunch.....opps!

• Level   8

Why is liquid on top of the console?

Surely if there was a leak it would come out the sides?

To me it looks like something has been spilled on top of console

• Level   4

welll because heat rises , and the fan blows up, could be heating up down below, then condensing up there.....or , yes, somebody could have spilled something on it......