This question is not answered

Kinect for XBox One issue during setup

• Level   1

I keep getting, "MAKE SURE YOUR SPEAKERS ARE CONNECTED AND THE VOLUME IS TURNED UP. ALSO, MAKE SURE YOUR KINECT IS FIRMLY PLUGGED INTO THE BACK OF THE XBOX." Message. This is an initial set-up and I got this from a friend whom didnt have online but not sure if everything is in the box or missing something. I have looked online at diagrams on how to hook this up an all is done but have Kinect sitting at bottom of TV approx 5' off ground on my desk. Any ideas?

All Replies
    • Level   4

Check the connection of the Kinect in the back of the console. It has a specific port that it connects to, and make sure there is no damage to the connector. There is no extra piece between the Kinect and the console like there was last generation, the cable is built directly into it with no additional power source, so I doubt you're missing anything. If the console was never online, make sure you connect it to do the initial update. If there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the cable or connector/jack I would call Xbox Customer Support at 18004MYXBOX (1-800-469-9269) and they'll go over troubleshooting with you. Good luck!

LOS Reaper
    Xbox Community Ambassador | Enforcement United

• Level   5

Hi Darin- Also please try this link and follow the steps-I have seen it help a few people with Kinect issues.  support.xbox.com/.../kinect-sensor-wont-turn-on  and then after that link support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-kinect-issues