This question has suggested answer(s)

Black Screen When pressing Xbox Button

• Level   1

I got the update the other day, I turned the Xbox One on today and all was fine to begin with, I was in Battlefield 4 and hit the Xbox Button on my controller, all sudden my screen went black.  After turning the Xbox One off and back on several times each startup was a black screen. Switching HDMI cables did nothing,  -Note: Though there's a black screen, I can hear the Xbox One such as pushing left or right in the controller I hear the swipping between menu items.

-Edit,  I just unplugged my Xbox power cable while my Xbox One was off.  After plugging it back in I turned it on and everything was fine.

(I'm not deleting this topic though, as I googled my problem and there is a whole host of people with this exact issue after the update.)

All Replies
    • Level   1

FWIW I am also expierencing this same issue.  The only way to recover after the black screen that I've found is to unplug and plug back in the console.  It's happened a couple times within the last 24 hours.

• Level   3

Yes just happened to me also.. Soft reset is the only way to get back. So far, I do 2-3 soft resets a weeks for this rig...  Sad.  Got a kick out of the features on the control panel bragging about these new 'features".. Cracked me up as these are NOT features, rather things that should have been in the core day one. I don't know who decides to put those up, but they truly need to get that down, its quite embarrassing... LoL, a new feature is the battery indicator... Please get that down, I have enough to try to defend.

-- Playing the victim in every situation is a sign of immaturity...grow up and be responsible for your own actions. --

• Level   2

I am also experiencing this issue. Have to reset machine by holding down power button for 8 seconds, seems like a fix they need to do!

Com'in atcha Live!!!!!
    • Level   1

I dont know what to do with my problem,, first it said that connection is all good ( wire not wifi) but on the  home screen it tells me to connet to xboxlive,,, i try i several time to check connetion and it said all god. So i turn the xbox off with the controller and back on....now the controller stop working and no voice comands.... so i turn in of on the panel.. the xbox mark start to flash and wont turn of at all...... so i wait...... and wait ... i unplugg the powercord on the back of the console,,, wait and plug it back in..... ill wait 30 sec then turn it on on the front panel.... now first green screen with the xbox one loggo apears and i think its all good.... the logo disepears and i think i will come to the home screen but its just black..... but the xbox is running and the kinect looks like it on too..... PANIC!!! I have now unplugged the powercord completely from wall and xboxone... and ill wait atleast 20 min before i will try another restart..... anyone? Help :(

• Level   1

Just did the same thing to me while playing Battlefield 4. Thanks for the quick fix info about unplugging the machine but I'm curious if it's a fault with Xbox or BF4.   It wasn't doing this while playing the campaign but it did during the multiplayer. Although I haven't played the campaign since the new update.  It would be nice for someone from Xbox support to post something about the problem and let us know they are on it.   Guess I'll play Ryse to see if it happens there too.

• Level   1

Same problem happened to me on ryse

• Level   1

Could it be our equipment? I'm running a Mitsubishi 65" DLP, Sony 7.1 receiver, and att uverse.

• Level   5

Same problem here after playing tomb raider.

Seems to be happening to loads as ive seen it mentioned on respawn own titanfall forums. People are blaming the beta when in fact it caused by the feb system update.

• Level   1

I have had this issue twice now since update after playing NBA 2K14 on 2/15/14 and again after playing titanfall beta on 2\16\14.  Only way to resolve is to unplug console and back in. No issues at all until this issue please patch or update ASAP Microsoft.

• Level   1

I started having this issue right after the update, it happens as soon as I exit a game, twice already and yes shutting down by holding power button and then turning back on fixes things until you go into another game and try to back out to the home screen, Microsoft you need to fix this one quickly!

• Level   1

Only posting to let MSFT know many are having the issue: I also began having this problem after the update.

• Level   1

Was about to post this same issue. Black screen after hitting the Xbox button. started/restarted xbox one and still no fix.

• Level   2

Same here. Any press of the xbox button results in a black screen with sound still working. If a game is running it seems I make the problem occur EVERY time. Come on guys. Who tested the update out?! Surely there are strict tests to ensure stuff like this doesn't happen when and update is dispatched? Needs to be fixed ASAP as at the moment some basic stuff on this machine simply doesn't work. Thanks.

• Level   1

Add me to the list. Its happened 3 times today. Only workaround is a reboot.

• Level   2

Just happened again to me after my daughter said "xbox go home" whilst watching her toy story film over the hdmi in. Cue tears and a reboot. Cheers Microsoft. Whatever you have done to implement these "exciting" new features has broken some working code. Can't honestly believe a company of this magnitude could release a non functional piece of code into the wild. The xbox one platform is closed too. It's not like there are loads of hardware revisions to test it on.