This question has suggested answer(s)

Game Install stuck on 0%

• Level   4

Brought my Xbox One home tonight - My word it is beautiful.. But I am currently unable to play the games because it wont move off "Installing...  0%"

I have restarted the Xbox, tried a different game (AC4/BF4), the discs look clean (They're brand new anyway) and I'm wondering if it is the update or the install that is the issue.. My internet speed is only 1.3mbs - but It should at least move of 0% seeing as I have been patiently giving it a chance for a decent period of time now.

If I got the only broken console I will probably throw a tantrum (hah.. seriously though)

All Replies
    • Level   1

Ive got the exact same problem :/

• Level   1

I've having this problem too, mine has managed 4% in 90 minutes. I know the game is almost 40gigs but its not like its downloading the thing off the internet, its installing from a disc. I hope Microsoft addresses this quickly, I've waited too long to play this

• Level   2

have been waiting over 30 min installingcod and its still on 0% my internet is 7mb , wats going on?!!

• Level   1

I've got this too, tried restarting, tried 5 games, all the same. Really frustrating when you go to a midnight release and plan to stay up playing games. 2 and a half hours later I still can't play.

• Level   1

Same issue here DR3 install stuck at 0% now for well over 30 min.

Tried to pause - resume, cancel - restart with no joy. It's like the disk is spinning up too just not getting anywhere.

• Level   1

Also stuck on zero percent for at least one hour. Tried turning off console, unplugging, disc eject, different game but nothing seems to be working

• Level   3

It could be due to server strain. The same exact thing happened last week with the PlayStation 4. Plus Microsoft is getting ready for the big launch tonight so that could also be the problem. My suggestion is to try later on in the day and definitely try it before tomorrow. There will be a LOT more people trying to connect and download stuff tomorrow.

The Xbox One is such an amazing console! :D

• Level   2

is the disc not installing locally though ?!

• Level   6
    • Suggested Answer

Some of the games are large installs, which could be a reason as to why it's taking a while to install, more info here support.xbox.com/.../install-games on installing the games.

• Level   5

Have you guys downloaded the console update first?

• Level   2

ye did console update first. talked to xbox ambassador on chat and he said servers are strained .

• Level   8

Some of the disc install are probably way larger then old 360 games.  Remember most 360 game installs were like 6GB.  Xbox1 games probably 30GB or more.

BF3 lacks replay value.  Disc of 9 maps got lame fast.

• Level   2

ive left mine "installing" for 3 hours on 7mb internet and its on 0% so its nothing to do with the size , its microsofts infrastructure . 300,000 servers my ***

• Level   6
    • Suggested Answer

If your installing from disc, then it shouldn't be affected by the problem with the servers.

• Level   8

Well the official release of Xbox1 is midnight tonight.  So probably reason why you early birds that got it early have to wait till they have things up and running.

BF3 lacks replay value.  Disc of 9 maps got lame fast.