This question has suggested answer(s)

NBA2K14 crash

• Level   4

Hey, 

Just want to report an issue i have with NBA2K14 on the Xbox One... 

While i am playing the mycareer mode, during a match it will randomly send me out to the xbox home screen. When i go to re-enter the game it has effectively lost my progress and i'm forced to load from the last save. Is a pain in the butt, especially if i somehow fluked a good run and am in front on the scoreboard only to loose the progress..

All Replies
    • Level   1

have the same thing happen to me. does not matter what mode im in. seems to do it right after a replay for me. it only started doing it today, was fine yesterday. one fix that has apparently worked for some is to unplug the power from the xbox and the wall socket, leave it for a few minutes, then plug back in. personally it didnt work for me. im currently trying to reinstall it, i'll get back to you if this happens to fix the problem.

• Level   1

Try turning off all the replays so far so good I'm still testing tho... I hope the fix these bugs

• Level   2

Its related to game DVR and replays. If u turn off both it helps. But the game itself has a "KIA slam cam" and soon as the replay ends it will boot out to the Xbox home screen.

• Level   1

Yes sir. I figured that out too I just smash a to skip through it but u have to be careful of the third quarter cinematic before the 4th.. how do u turn off game dvr?

• Level   2

Go to xbox home - settings - preferences - game DVR checked off.

• Level   1

i reinstalled the game and its working fine now, gets through the replays no worries. i think it may have had to do with installing the upload app or something similar after installing nba2k14. not completely sure though.

• Level   1

Do you still have your myPlayer and myCareer online if you uninstall it?

• Level   1

Just started having the same problem here about an hour ago.  My game had been doing great until I installed the "Upload" app for the Xbox One, leading me to believe that this error we are experiencing has something to do with the game trying to interact with the upload app.  Now at the time my Upload app wasn't fully installed and still isn't, so when it is done i will try to uninstall it and start up the game again to see if it was these two interacting that are causing issues.

• Level   1

Well I tried it again after uninstalling the Upload app and the game still crashes after any replay.  I would try completely re-installing the game, however I want to be sure I can keep my player's file before I do so.  Anybody have any other ideas?

• Level   1

been having the same problem plz let me know what we can do about this problem... gets annying when u dont get ur gold points from that boot...says it has something to do with getting a cable connection

• Level   1

I've been having this issue too. It's the only xbox one game I have, so it's super frustrating. Tried all the tricks stated in this thread except the power cable thing. Dumb question, how do I re-install a game? Been trying to figure that one out for a while now

• Level   1

I can't even get passed the initial myPlayers set-up.  It's like the game disables my controller.  They only button I can use is the xbox home button.  If I let the screen sit their long enough it goes into demo mode and I still cannot skip through that.

• Level   2

It's happened to me numerous times just today!

we need a fix!

• Level   1

I have the same problem in NBA 2k14.

• Level   1

Yep I've been having the same problem. I'm currently reinstalling the game which is only at 20% after nearly 4 hours. To the guy asking how you reinstall it you have to go to factory settings I'm afraid which means having to reinstall all apps etc