This question is answered

Titanfall issue, stuck at retrieving matchmaking list

• Level   1

So since ive gotten this game ive been having problems. At first i couldnt play at all. After hours of waiting i found someone that said to try rebooting my modem. i tried that and it worked. But then i get off for dinner and get back on and the problem is back. The reboot fix did not work this time. But when my friend invited me i was able to play so i just thought whatever. now the forth day this game is out and i have the same problem still. I rebooted my router again but now i was able to get in but in a brazil server. I just want to play titanfall in my eastern US server. can anyone help ? is it my xbox ? or maybe because i downloaded the game and dont have a disk ?

Verified Answer
    • Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Ok, thought I would follow up on this.  After digging for awhile it seems that older Belkin routers seem to be at the root of the issue.  Still not sure what the problem is exactly....

I got around this by opening setting on the xbox, nav to network >> advanced settings >> for dns select manual >> enter as primary 8.8.8.8 and 4.2.2.2 as secondary.  When I supplied 4.2.2.2 as primary this fix did not work ... so you might have to try reversing these if it doesn't work for you immediately.

Hopefully these setting changes are relatively passive and do not effect future online games....

incidentally, I am mildly worried that incompatibilities are left for the user to sort out ... I would be happier with a route cause and a workaround/fix from the company(s) supplying the game solutions.  I do not want to have to buy new networking hardware for every game that comes out potentially or have to go through this again for that matter.

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

for anyone having this problem this is what helped me ! getsatisfaction.com/.../titanfall_router_workaround

going network settings and manually making my primary and secondary DNS 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8

All Replies
    • Level   1

I am having the exact same problem.  "Connecting... Retrieving matchmaking list...." no other options /dialogs no errors nothing.

I have been through the ringer with tech support already, unplug this power off that ... no change.  I know this problem is not isolated to just us but i think the occurrences are a low enough percentage to get all companies involved to sort of push the problem off on the consumer.  What i would really like to see/hear is some acknowledgement of the issue from some party involved in the delivery of these systems, that people are having these problems and they are working on engineering a solution.  In my view it is not acceptable to expect advanced configuration and troubleshooting to be performed on the customers part for a delivery that simply does not work.

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Ok, thought I would follow up on this.  After digging for awhile it seems that older Belkin routers seem to be at the root of the issue.  Still not sure what the problem is exactly....

I got around this by opening setting on the xbox, nav to network >> advanced settings >> for dns select manual >> enter as primary 8.8.8.8 and 4.2.2.2 as secondary.  When I supplied 4.2.2.2 as primary this fix did not work ... so you might have to try reversing these if it doesn't work for you immediately.

Hopefully these setting changes are relatively passive and do not effect future online games....

incidentally, I am mildly worried that incompatibilities are left for the user to sort out ... I would be happier with a route cause and a workaround/fix from the company(s) supplying the game solutions.  I do not want to have to buy new networking hardware for every game that comes out potentially or have to go through this again for that matter.

• Level   1

really ? well this would explain it lol ill try it out but it just so happens i have a belkin router that is about 4 or 5 years old

• Level   5

Go to Settings, Network, Advanced settings, Alternate MAC Address, Clear, after the restart the issue should be resolved. This has worked for a lot of users.

• Level   1

So i think that guy is right about old belkin routers being a problem because i just did a test and plugged my xbox straight into my modem and i was able to get into the good old american server and i could see all the others too. I connect the router again and the problem returned. I just tried clearing alternative MAC address and that didnt fix the problem either

• Level   1

I've been having a variety of problems. I either a) get stuck at the loading screen b) lose connection to the server when I'm loading into a match c) get signed out of xbox live. I've tried resetting my modem, cold resets of the system, etc. Its strange because I didn't have any problems during the beta (other than the universal downtime when they were making adjustments, that is) and even for the first couple of days after retail release it was doing alright. I manage to play enough to hit level 38 so I've obviously had some success, but since last weekend I haven't played a full match.

• Level   5

I had this problem i believe they are testing some servers so some may have issues getting into games.i had this issue last night i just left it trying to load and eventually it did

If you liked my post or i helped you in anyway hit the like button :)

Thanks 

• Level   1

I managed to get into one ... ONE ... match last night and then got stuck on loading screens again. First match I was able to play since last weekend. Nearly five days? It's pretty ridiculous.

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

for anyone having this problem this is what helped me ! getsatisfaction.com/.../titanfall_router_workaround

going network settings and manually making my primary and secondary DNS 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8

• Level   1

I don't have a Belkin router, and i'm still having this issue. so far i'm really disappointed in the xbox one :/

• Level   1

It has nothing to do with your router, its their servers. My connection is brilliant, never have any problem with any other game. I love this game, its way better than cod but this is really starting to *** me off. They need to sort this out otherwise their gonna loose alot of people. It was grand before the update then they just *** it up.

• Level   1

create a port forward in your routers login and set it to your xboxs IP address (can check for it in your xboxs network settings)

forward ports to TCP 53,80,3074 .. then set the UDP to 53,88,500,3074,3544 .. THEN create a 2nd forward to the port of your router (mine being a Dlink 826L model.. the port UDP 4500)

and leave the TCP at 0 .. also add your xbox's ip as the address to this one as well MAKE SURE U CHECK THEM OFF ! once done and settings saved go into your routers firewall settings and enable DMZ,

then add your xboxs ip address again and save settings as well .. restart your xbox and load titanfall and should work

• Level   1

I have tried it all and nothing works for me. Opened all ports/DMZ and still nothing. Also tried changing the DNS addresses as some suggested but still no luck.

Any thoughts?

• Level   1

Hmm .. im not i had the problem since release date n tried EVERYTHING for weeks and weeks .. and what did it for me was setting DNS back to default .. secondary to 8.8.8.8 .. and then going into my router and making a port forward to addresses above ^^ then looking up my routers port info adding UDP and forwarding it as well.. and making the IP for both of them the IP address of your xbox then once its saved and u enable DMZ and also add the xbox address to the DMZ it worked perfectly for me .. i also did a hard reset on both my xbox and wireless router and reset it all up before i started this . Best of luck and hopefully they fix the server connection issue soon :/