This question has suggested answer(s)

Can't use Skype or Upload stuido due to "past behaviour"

• Level   1

I get the message "Choose something else to play" simply because I assume MS was not happy about a video I uploaded. I think I should have just had a warning and not to do it again (don't even know what I did wrong in the first place).

I think it's strange that MS allows you to record any game footage when there are games with really bad foul language and I say something like plonker or c*ap and I get my benefits removed esspecially I had 100% feedback when I was on 360 for about 5-7 years on Xbox Live.

MS can you please sort this out please?

All Replies
    • Level   2

Exactly, I uploaded a file to skydrive, for personal testing & I swore. But it also uploads it to the xbox live community, I think. Its the only explanation I have, since I did not want it on there.

I also contacted Xbox support by phone & this is the first they are hearing of this, the guy said he would have thought it would have been at least a 3 strikes & your out kind deal.

He also said that he thinks this is an error, as my account in in 100% working order with no flags or anything showing. Also I have been a member of Xbox live for 7 years with not one disciplinary action taken agains me.

• Level   1

I called them up as well and the bloke on the other end said I had to post on here about it.

I think it's so over the top considering there are videos on my activity feed of Dead Rising 3 with people being chopped up and Battlefield 3 with the characters of the game saying all the swear words.

Just ridiculous and needs to be sorted for both you and me ASAP.

• Level   1

I have the same problem. Didn't know there actually any rules associated with this sorta thing. Nothing told me I can't swear and such. I only made some clips to show my friends how all this stuff works and now I can't upload anything. Hope they fix this prob ASAP considering it's a cool feature but now can't use because of their lack of tutorials.

• Level   5

You may want to post in here - forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

They may be able to give you more details about the suspension including how long it might last for.

• Level   1

I did and the Xbox One for suspensions, it's just dafy and it's worse MS are doing nothing about it. Being banned for saying cr*p and plonker on the video stuff is just stupid.

I got it bad enough when I had to go through 3 360's in the last gen.

• Level   5

Agreed, as a Brit those two words are as tame as they get. Young kids say it as an every day occur and not swearing at all.

Shame the policies aren't placed when uploading videos so you are made aware before your first video upload. I can see a lot of players getting caught out by this.

• Level   1

im dealing with the same thing its not fair :(

• Level   1

Me too, however I was out of control in my video. I said f@uck three times in a humorous way :-(

• Level   1

If you guys figure out how long this last for send me a message? I'm having the same exact problem. Said one curse word and cant use these major features. It doesnt say anywhere in the rules anything about profanity. Completely unfair.

• Level   1

Yep. Another one here. Could someone sort this please.

• Level   2

I'm dealing with the same issue, have spoken with a supervisor and two support agents. The supervisor hung up on me and the support agents offered to escalate and have resolved in 2 days. I have posted in the banned forum and had my message ignored and deleted. Still looking for a solution. If i get one i'll update here. This is turning out to be a pretty big problem.

*Update* So I allowed my GF to set up an account and go through logging into her skype and it worked on the xbox. Weird thing is I can still use skype on my computer, so my skype wasn't banned. It appear xbox is just telling me that I'm not allowed to use it through my $529 console. I find this quite disturbing that I have a feature here with no one knowing how this can be used.

• Level   1

is anyone from xbox going to comment on this im a little bit annoyed i said f**k and got banned

• Level   1

I just got a reply from one of the mods telling me that I have  a temporary ban (which I knew about) but didn't say anything about for how long or if I can appeal. Great.

• Level   1

If it's a temp ban I'm not as mad. Still mad though. Not even a warning. I'd at least like an estimated time so I know when i'll be able to use those features again. Also, kinda funny that none of the mods are responding to any of these issues. I guess they don't know whats going on. What else is new?

• Level   1

I've had anther response, but again it is missing the vital information - how long for. This is irritating.