This question has suggested answer(s)

Netflix and Amazon Lovefilm - Choppy Framerate

• Level   2

Hi, just wondered if anyone else has any noticeable issues with picture judder or the odd frame jump when using Netflix or Amazon Lovefilm apps?  It is not my connection as both manage to stream in HD with no effort, but there is a noticeable frame skip or judder problem when anything pans across the screen or fast action scenes happen.  I have my ONE put through the same AV receiver channel as my 360 and by comparison my 360 plays everything smoothly at 60hz with no problems. The problem seems to be worse if I have a game or some such played from earlier. Bit disappointing if im honest!

All Replies
    • Level   1

You're not alone, I get the same issue!

• Level   1

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this! I have a very fast connection and Netflix HD plays perfectly on my 360, PS4, Apple TV etc. (all connected to the same AV receiver and outputting to the same HDMI input on the TV) but on Xbox One there's a judder/frame drop problem with Netflix, Xbox Video, basically any kind of streaming video. It's especially noticeable in something like the Paramount logo opening where the stars fly across the sky while the camera pans down, or basically any scene where there's fast action or a camera pan.

It feels almost like there's constantly something running in the background that's dragging down video rendering performance and causing it to drop frames. It's the kind of thing that doesn't seem to bother some people but my eyes notice it constantly. I hope something is done to fix this because it makes Netflix/Xbox Video unwatchable for me on the Xbox One.

• Level   5

Yep same for me on Netflix and Hulu havent treid xbox video.  This needs a fix ASAP please...gives me a headache.

XBOX ONE DAY ONE EDITION 

• Level   1

Getting the same issue with Love-film in the uk, odd jerky video. Netflix is smooth though so perhaps it's a problem with the lovefilm application?

• Level   1

Same issue here

• Level   1

Same here.  Netflix is TERRIBLE, choppy and jerky.  I've tried all of my TV settings (Sharp 80" LCD 480Hz) and can't fix it.  

• Level   5

Im getting it in lovefilm. Netflix is fine though

• Level   2

Glad I'm not alone then.  From what I've been reading the video codecs overall seems totally bugged on the One, lots of people having judder on the TV, xbox video, poor frame skipping on various streaming apps, audio sync and poor performance on the blu ray app.  For me at least the games are working, which is the important thing, but frustrating that all the neat little media extras are almost unusable in their current state.  The fact that I can fire up my 360 and have fully functioning apps of all the things that DONT work on the Xbox One is a bit of a kick in the teeth.  God knows how angry I would be had I actually bought the thing to be an all in one media box, because as that type of thing it's currently hopeless.

• Level   1

On a related note, anyone have a terribly jerky kinect cursor?  I calibrated it several times but it still jumps all over, doesn't recognize my hand, randomly flashes around and clicks stuff.  

• Level   2

I have the same issue with Netflix, Amazon, and Xbox Video (purchased movie).. using samsung 60" Plasma. No issues with 360 or PS3. Appears to be localized to the XB1. Any update on a codec patch?

• Level   2

Not sure if its  codec issue or something crashed. Turn xb1 on, hold power button for 15 seconds to power off, wait 30 seconds, power back on and try again.

Join us over on /r/xboxone at Reddit!

• Level   5

I've tried that doesn't help the issue. It seems to happen with the bluray player app but very slight and not as bad as Hulu and netflix. .

XBOX ONE DAY ONE EDITION 

• Level   1

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm getting the same thing - Netflix, Hulu, even Blu-Rays are not smooth. Very choppy playback. It's embarrassingly terrible compared to my Apple TV or a standard Blu-Ray player. Isn't this something they would have tested before launch???

I really hope this can be fixed. I'm pretty disappointed in the Xbox One right now...

• Level   1

I'm seeing the same thing with video rendering on the Amazon Video apps play back is jerky.  On the Netflixs apps the video rendering has lines running through the video.   I'm also unable to turn on my Xbox One with voice I have verified the setting are correct.  Also I'm unable to use any of the hand gestures to control the Xbox One hope there are some updates planned soon.  So far from being a suitable all in one media platform.  I would have agree with the previous comments I'm pretty disappointed in the Xbox One right now.  For the first time I'm actually considering returning the Xbox One.

• Level   1

I have to agree. Everything appears to be affected...I have issues with Hulu, Blurays, Amazon, CW, FOX, etc... Even streaming videos via PlayTo stutter... It's getting to the point of being really annoying so I hope Microsoft will have a patch within the next few days. I'm just shocked how this wasn't caught during all the testing...