This question has suggested answer(s)

Lip Sync Issues when playing blu-ray on Xbox One.

• Level   1

I've been getting intermittent lip-sync issues when playing blu-rays on Xbox One. At first I thought it was only on certain discs but I actually seem to have the issue intermittently even on the same discs (as in I have the issue when I first play a disc but then it seems to improve, then it can appear to go out of sync again).

I've tried lot of different combinations of steps: Trying different discs, different audio output (stereo, 5.1, etc), loading the disc straight from a fresh start-up vs. loading it after playing a game or another app, skipping around the disc to different chapters, pausing, fast-forwarding, etc, but I haven't been able to find any consistent reproduction of steps. Sometimes the lag is there, sometimes it isn't (or at least less so).

My television is a Panasonic ST60 with the latest firmware. The lag isn't present when I play the audio through the speakers, but I like to play with headphones. The only audio out from the TV is optical, so I'm using optical out from the TV to a cheap optical to analogue converter (like this: http://amzn.to/1fAV5PP), which then goes to a cheap pair of dollar store PC speakers, which I then plug my headphones into (just regular Panasonic stereo headphones). It's a messy audio setup, I know, but it was the cheapest way to connect headphones to the TV with volume control.

Normally I'd blame the messy audio setup, but I don't have any of these lag issues on my PS3 or PS4 blu-ray playback, and I don't seem to have the issues on Xbox One Netflix or Xbox One games.

Any help you could give would be appreciated.

All Replies
    • Level   1

I am having the exact same problem.

• Level   1

The lip sync on the One with BluRay is horrible.  I've tested 2 other BluRay players and media streamers, and those have all worked fine.  This issue, coupled with the inability of the wireless controller to stay connected, has probably pushed me to return the One for a refund.

• Level   1

Just watched a DVD tonight.... Having the same problem. Gets worse the further it gets into the movie.  

• Level   1

Same problem. Sometimes a little off and sometimes a lot. They need to fix this quick.

• Level   1

I seem to have issues when I set the bluray app to 24hz, leaving it off seems to do OK with the lip sync. I have my xbox one connected via optical cable to my receiver (with the DTS audio setting)...The only problem I have with Bluray playback is that it gets choppy once in a while ...

• Level   1

same problem here.

it only happens when you set Blu Ray Playback to 24Hz though. but without 24Hz the video playback is jittery as hell. no way I can watch movies like that... :(

ps3 for my blu rays until they fix it... you will fix this right ? :P

• Level   1

I'm having the same issues, only seems to sync when 24hz is unchecked. Doesn't matter if 5.1, 7.1 or dts is selected. Tried a bunch of blu movies, and none sync. My other players work just fine. Using hdmi to receiver.

• Level   2

I just wanted to say that this is indeed a widespread issue. If you have 24hz on it will not sync right. Microsoft when will this be fixed?

• Level   3

I have contacted support about this and so far no answer if people from here can direct @xboxsupport (twitter) here then maybe they will get the picture that there is a problem

Help me with my online achevments! I will in turn try and help you with your online achevments so addme!

• Level   1

The sync is out even if you haven't selected 24 Hz; it's just not anywhere near as bad. Of course, the image quality suffers. I'm back to using my dedicated BD player until there's an update.

• Level   1

I've just noticed the same problem.. and have just given away my blu-ray player!!  So I'm stuffed until they sort this problem out.

• Level   1

Hi all, i noticed the lip-sync issue not only in blu ray and dvd playback, also in html5 videos send via playto, and on ie,

Its almost sync for 5 minutes in the video but then it gets more off the longer the video runs.

• Level   3

I can confirm that turning 24Hz off doesn't fully fix the problem but helps a little

Help me with my online achevments! I will in turn try and help you with your online achevments so addme!

• Level   1

Also streaming videos from SkyDrive are out of sync too. Not too bad but off putting.  Please fix.

• Level   1

OOPS, I just set up another post just like this.

Im experiencing judder too even in 24p mode.