This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox, Turn on command not working

• Level   1

Every command on my XBOX ONE works perfectly. But when I try to turn my xbox on with my voice it doesnt work.

Any help please?

All Replies
    • Level   2

I'm having this problem as well. If you get close, really really close (inches away from the Kinect), and say "Xbox On" will it work?

I'm a daily player on Xbox Live and a tech writer over at Gears of Tech!

• Level   2

The "Xbox On" command is currently only available in the US, UK, Canada, France, and Germany.

If you're in one of those regions, check that "Wake up Xbox by saying ‘Xbox on’” setting is selected in Power & startup.

Also, ensure your Xbox One is in Instant-On power mode (the command won't work if it's in energy-saving mode).

You can find more detailed info about turning your console on with voice commands here.

• Level   1

I've found that saying it louder then usual helps the command work.

• Level   V
    • Suggested Answer

Bear in mind that the kinect takes a little bit of time before it starts to recognize your voice commands.  It took about 2 days before it really started to recognize me.

• Level   1

It has worked probably 4 times out of 50. Ever other command works flawlessly. I don't get it.

• Level   V
    • Suggested Answer

have you tried leaving a slight pause between the commands XBOX and ON?

• Level   2

Having same issue. Frustrating but I guess not all that important. Should work perfectly though.

• Level   2

it worked before like 

im def having trouble wont turn on when i say it.. 

• Level   1

Same here, the Xbox On command takes many, many times to be recognized.  Every other command works perfect first time and every time.  I have even found I have to move around in the room to get Xbox On command to work.

• Level   1

Having the same issue with mine. Disappointing.

• Level   1

Mine seems to not work from a cold boot but then works most of the time otherwise.

• Level   1

"Xbox On" only seems to work if the Xbox One was recently shut off. In short it has only ever once worked for me. I come home from work and then scream at the XB1 in frustration wondering why it never responds to he command "Xbox On" despite having set it up to do so.

• Level   1

So you telling me that "Xbox on" doen not work in australia?

• Level   1

XBOX on is not working very well on my console. The only way it works is if I walk upto the Kinect and shout XBOX ON. Otherwise if I'm sitting on my couch a mere ~8 feet away it does not recognize the command.

• Level   1

I'm in Australia, my kinect works perfectly when it's on but yea the 'xbox on' command doesn't work for me. That other reply up the top about the locations seems accurate.