This question is answered

My Xbox One turns itself on.

• Level   1

On three separate occasions I've noticed my Xbox One console has the white logo lit on the front. If it thought I said Xbox On the Kinect would be on and my receiver and TV would be on also, but only the console is on. If I touch the lit up logo then everything turns on. I touch it again and then everything goes off including the console. So I guess I'm wondering does it light up to indicate that it's downloading content or is there something wrong with my system?

Xbox LIVE Community Ambassador, Beta Tester, and Microsoft Certified Professional

Verified Answer
    • Level   X
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey there folks,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your console.

Just to double check:

1. Are you using your console in the Instant-On power mode?
    2. Have you enabled your console to auto power off after a period of inactivity?

One thing I would recommend trying:

• Turn off your console completely by holding down the power button for ~5 seconds
    • Unplug your power supply from the wall and console.
    • Leave everything unplugged for about 5 minutes
    • Plug everything back in and turn your console back on

Please let us know how everything goes and we'll work from there 

All Replies
    • Level   1

I am having the same possible issue, it will turn on but the screen is dimmed like I have been away or something however when I start using my controller or something it wont un-dim. Hopefully someone can help us

• Level   1

Same issue with mine. Two days in a row when I wake up, it's like that. Kinect light is also on. Dead quiet in my house so it's not due to a voice command. And like you mention, tv, receiver and cable box are off.

• Level   X
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey there folks,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your console.

Just to double check:

1. Are you using your console in the Instant-On power mode?
    2. Have you enabled your console to auto power off after a period of inactivity?

One thing I would recommend trying:

• Turn off your console completely by holding down the power button for ~5 seconds
    • Unplug your power supply from the wall and console.
    • Leave everything unplugged for about 5 minutes
    • Plug everything back in and turn your console back on

Please let us know how everything goes and we'll work from there 

• Level   1

Facing same possible issue first time tonight after purchasing the console on Dec 4th. I do recall a xbox one tv commercial playing on tv 30 min before I noticed it on.

• Level   1

Yes Mister Fizzle I have rebooted the system. I have it set to instant-on and to power off after a given amount of time. Still doing it at random intervals. Sometimes within minutes of turning it off other times hours later or in the morning.

Xbox LIVE Community Ambassador, Beta Tester, and Microsoft Certified Professional

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Folks,

if you're using the console in Instant-on mode, and it's not turning on the TV and other items - are you sure it's not just your xbox one checking for and or downloading the available updates. It checks for and installs them nightly if available.

You can find more information about the updates and how to turn them off at support.xbox.com/.../system-update-overview

Cheers

Sean

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

After I unlocked the Acheivement "ghost in the machine" it stopped doing that!

• Level   1

Same issue here

• Level   1

Possibly the auto on feature active in setup, this enables system to power on when someone is detected in room by kinetic camera.  JMT

• Level   1

After several power cycles and I'm guessing upgrades to the O/S it does seem to enter standby and power up properly now.

• Level   1

mine keeps randomly turning on and the logo is dark. i unplugged my kinetic and have rebooted serval times now it it keeps dinging 3 or 4 times every other hour.

• Level   1

Did anyone find a solution to this issue? Mine just started doing this after the February update

• Level   1

My brother's console is having the same problem, it started right after the February update.

• Level   1

My xbox 360 slim has stater to do this also this month.  The unit has been in the same location with physical changes or modifivation on my part.  Since there has been NO posted solution  from Microsoft that works, keeping in mind this issue ha bee reported on various web siites as far back as 2009, I'm suspcting remote acces by a 3rd party. I know that Microsoft operating systems have remote contol built-in and it not surprise me if the Xbox 360 had the same.  

• Level   1

Same issue here. Just started in the last few days. This is extremely annoying because this also turns on my TV and caused a slight image shadow on my plasma that fortunately went away but I should not have to worry about my console powering itself on.