This question is not answered

Kinect is unplugged

• Level   1

Just this morning I was able to use my Kinect. However, during that time xbox live was under maintenance and i was unable to log in.

This afternoon, I was able to login on xbox live but my Kinect sensor seem to just not power on. I tried the troubleshooting guide but did not worked at all.

Any help on this? I feel isolated in any xbox case because I had this xbox one bought imported via a local distributor in the Philippines (Data Blitz - SM Mall of Asia).

Please tell me what's going on?!

All Replies
    • Level   1

Unfortunately I had this problem also. I called Microsoft and chatted with them ran some more trouble shooting and they told me i just had to send it in for repair. You can try calling them and seeing if their trouble shooting helps, but they will probably just tell you that it needs repaired.

• Level   1

thank you for your suggestion. I called the store where i got the unit from and they told me just to bring the kinect unit (only) and the purchase receipt... :-(

hopefully i can get the replacement sooner than later.

• Level   1

Hopefully it doesnt take real long =) I unfortunately bought mine off of amazon so i had to send mine into Microsoft. I just sent mine in yesterday so they said it takes 3 -5 days for them to get it and then 3-5 to get mine  

• Level   1

I sent in my Kinect January 29th (31 days this January) and am on week 4 with no Kinect. They told me on the chat that it was marked as "repaired" Feb 7th. 17 days later and I have no Kinect. They have "escalated" it a few times and they finally told me I should hear something back by the 27th...a month after I reported it as broken. They have offered no explanation, no one can tell me anything, they have offered no compensation, and I honestly feel a little bit like they've stolen my Kinect. I don't think anyone knows what happened to it and I might have to fight to get anything back. Advanced replacement they charge you $157 until they get your kinect. If you do standard what guarantee do you have? I'm *** off!

• Level   1

They have given me no shipping number, status updates, or anything. It has said "Repair center is processing your order" for almost a month now.

• Level   1

It was the same for me I just kept checking back and calling Microsoft. It took me about a month to get mine back. it just takes them awhile but I assure you this is the same thing I went through and I got mine back Thursday =) at first I had an estimate that it wouldn't be don't till like feb 28th or something like that.

• Level   1

After more than a month, I got my replacement Kinect back. This one's working now.

It was diagnosed to have a 'irreparable motherboard' issue.

I just noticed though that this replacement Kinect, there's a white LED turning-on beside the Camera when it's being used. Whereas my previous one (when it was still working) does not.