This question is answered

SKY TV Via the XBOX ONE... What features

• Level   5

Hey Guys and Gals

Just curiouse if any of SKY TV featurs will be support when passing through the XBOX ONE... guide etc..

Cheers

Verified Answer
    • Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hi Tet,

Great question. It appears the Sky app will not be available at launch, but instead more towards the summer of 2014. 

Hope that clears things up, but let us know if you have anymore questions. 

All Replies
    • Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hi Tet,

Great question. It appears the Sky app will not be available at launch, but instead more towards the summer of 2014. 

Hope that clears things up, but let us know if you have anymore questions. 

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

I have the day one Xbox one setup with my sky box right now. The pass through and switch between games and sky work fine etc. All the features on the sky box work as if the Xbox isn't even there using the sky remote as normal. Say Xbox TV and then pick up your sky remote to use all the normal sky features. Microsoft have said the One Guide which allows the Xbox to control boxes such as the Sky box with your voice etc. will be available in early 2014 in the UK.

• Level   2

JFletchster - Could you tell me what you have your Sky box set to output?  720p or 1080i?  I had problems last night with 1080i but didn't think to change it to 720p.

My image judder when watching sport (cricket/football) was very poor but I'm hoping it's down to that setting.  I have no input lag when playing the One (pitcture is fantastic) just when watching TV on the passthrough.

Thanks

• Level   1

I have the same problem my sky box is set at 1080i and there is a noticeable judder on the scrolling text on sky sports news

• Level   X

sharrock - changing from 1080i to 720p should definitely fix the jitter.

Program Manager, Xbox One TV team.

If you are contacting me about Live TV issues, please use the Private Message function on the forums by clicking the envelope below.

• Level   2

Thanks Studbucket - will try that when I get home.

• Level   4

I have this issue with sky box tried everything still has the judder....

• Level   D

Tried switching to 720p, still getting this judder with my sky box :/

• Level   2

Me too. It's really bad on sport. Unwatchable. Perhaps the reason no Sky support at launch?  Disappointed.

• Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

Hello Tet,

Right now we don't support the TV Listings portion of the OneGuide and channel changing in the UK but that support is coming, HDMI pass-through is supported in the UK.

Xbox One Feature Team

LiveTV | OneGuide | App Channels

• Level   X

Hey guys, I'm really sorry about the judder. We had several Sky+HD boxes on our Beta, so we know it works. Let's see if we can't figure out what's going on.

Could you guys try setting your audio to stereo pcm? (not Dolby/Surround)

Could you try power cycling the STB by pulling the power cord for ~10 seconds?

If you are contacting me about Live TV issues, please use the Private Message function on the forums by clicking the envelope below.

• Level   1

Is the issue due to the sky box when set to 1080i, outputting in 50hz and the Xbox One then changing it to 1080p 60hz? I'm not that technical but sounds logical.

When my sky is plugged directly into the TV its smooth but when plugged into the Xbox One its noticeably less smooth.  Setting the sky box to 720p improves the smoothness but it is still not as clean as plugging directly into the TV. Its most noticeable on the sky sports channels.

• Level   X

@ThePark3r, yes that's a very good guess at the cause. We haven't been able to figure out why different people on different Sky+HD boxes with the same settings get different experiences though. We've even dispatched devs to home and couldn't figure out what was going on.

We're definitely aware of the issues though and working on them.

• Level   2

I have the same problem with my Sky box even when I change it 720. The actual picture is not so bright and I need to turn the volume up considerably. Very disappointed this does not work, I bought it to be an entertainment hub. Pretty useless if I cannot run my TV through it :(

I have a Panasonic Plasma.

MS you need to get this sorted or I will have to drop this console back to Thames Valley Park in Reading!

• Level   1

Good to know that you are aware of the issue.  It wouldn't be too much of an issue if the implementation of live TV wasnt so good to have on the Xbox One!