This question is answered

Time Warner NY state

• Level   3

Hey everyone, I know Studbucket knows about this (thanks again for all the help!), but if anyone else is having similar issues with TWC because they just changed their channel layout in all of NYS (Central NY and Buffalo are being changed next month), you should post here. The issue I'm having is that if I say "Xbox, watch AMC." It takes me to the old AMC channel (1078), which doesn't exist anymore, and now TWC only delivers the best possible resolution you can receive, so it's a little wonky. The OneGuide is correct and everything else is fine, it's just the vocal commands don't work because of the old channel listing that TWC supplied MS. So hopefully the more people that sign here, the sooner we can get it fixed!

Verified Answer
    • Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey Folks,

Sorry for the inconvenience. It sounds like we need a bit of an update from TWC. I cant speculate as to when that will happen but I would continue to check with us and possible news on Xbox.com for more.

Reach back if you have any further questions

• Level   3
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

GREAT NEWS! The update last night fixed this! Or it did at least in Rochester! I hope everyone else in NYS is able to use it correctly now.

All Replies
    • Level   1

I am having this exact same issue.  I'm in Rochester , NY.  For  example  "watch cbs"  takes you to channel 1008,  which no longer  exists instead of just going to channel 8. I have the cisco 4742HDC cable  box.

• Level   3

I'm also in Rochester too! Yeah my friend who lives up in Pittsford is experiencing it as well! I have the SA8300HD for my STB.

• Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey Folks,

Sorry for the inconvenience. It sounds like we need a bit of an update from TWC. I cant speculate as to when that will happen but I would continue to check with us and possible news on Xbox.com for more.

Reach back if you have any further questions

• Level   1

I'm in Greece NY and have the same issues, is any one working on a HDMI splitter issue for a passive pass-through while Time Warner /XBOXone   update this feature. It is a little annoying to always have the XBOX on for just watching TV?????

• Level   3

Nah, I've just been cruising through the channels with the OneGuide.

• Level   2

I'm having the same issues in Buffalo, plus, the OneGuide only lists a portion of the channels.  There are huge 20 channel gaps in between the channels.

• Level   1

Same issue in Buffalo.  

• Level   3

Yep, it's because TWC just switched all their channels in Buffalo. They did Rochester about a month and a half ago, maybe two months. To fix the OneGuide not showing all the channels, you just have to go into settings for the OneGuide and make sure that channels aren't being removed or hidden. I can't remember the exact options, but when you go into the settings, it should make everything appear! Hopefully everyone will get this fixed when they update the carrier settings.

• Level   1

This works to restore the channels that are hidden as "SD duplicates," but there are still HD channels missing entirely, like Showtime 551 in Buffalo.  

• Level   3

Isn't there another channel for Showtime too? With the recent change in TWC, all channels will display their highest possible resolution. So although there are two AMC channels, one being listed as HD and the other not as HD, both will display the HD format.

"The new lineup is no longer broken up by HD and SD channels. HD converters will show you the best signal available of a channel or program, which is usually HD. SD converters, meanwhile, will show only SD channels."

That is directly from their website.

• Level   3
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

GREAT NEWS! The update last night fixed this! Or it did at least in Rochester! I hope everyone else in NYS is able to use it correctly now.

• Level   1

Time Warner just changed their channel line up in the Syracuse area.  Any idea how long it takes Xbox to get the update?  OneGuide is kind of useless for many channels right now.

• Level   3

It took them about 3 weeks to get it fixed in Rochester, just PM (via forums, not XBL) Studbucket23 with your zip and he'll log it.

• Level   2

Mine seemed corrected for a while, but now seems busted again in Buffalo area.  It is extremely difficult to choose "Erie County" for OneGuide, but now, even when I have it selected, it doesn't have the same channel list that TW has in ITS guide. Blocks of channels are missing. I don't remember exactly how it goes, but something like 2, 6, 8, etc.