This question is not answered

does Xbox One support Direct TV?

• Level   1

Does Xbox One support Direct TV? When i look at some apps (Fox for example) Direct TV is not a supported provider. Before i add another TV box for my office, does
the Xbox One support live TV for Direct TV subscribers? Thanks.

All Replies
    • Level   1

I guess this is something that DirecTV needs to allow. I tried to use the fox app and was disappointed that DirecTV customers were not supported... and that I had gone through the hassle of trying to set it up before finding out it required provider details from a supported TV servicve provider :(

• Level   2

I am yo disappointed that directv I'd not supported.  Please xbox solve this issue for us.

ATI Crossfire!

• Level   2

It would be nice if I can get my Xbox one to use apps like foxnow and fxnow but direct TV is not supported.

ATI Crossfire!

• Level   X

Hi folks!

DirecTV is supported to and it does work. Some issues have come up where the STB (Set Top Box aka cable box) does not respond to incoming channel requests, this is because many sat boxes are native RF, and we use IR to control the boxes. Have no fear, because there is a setting within those STB's that allow you to change to IR instead of RF. However, I would appreciate if you post your questions about device specific info, on the device specific forum found here: forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx. I hope this helps! Enjoy the rest of your holidays and please post in the specific area of the forums regarding the specific hardware. :)

-Cheers

• Level   2

XB1R Hermes

Hi folks!

DirecTV is supported to and it does work. Some issues have come up where the STB (Set Top Box aka cable box) does not respond to incoming channel requests, this is because many sat boxes are native RF, and we use IR to control the boxes. Have no fear, because there is a setting within those STB's that allow you to change to IR instead of RF. However, I would appreciate if you post your questions about device specific info, on the device specific forum found here: forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx. I hope this helps! Enjoy the rest of your holidays and please post in the specific area of the forums regarding the specific hardware. :)

-Cheers

I was talking about how the Xbox one app have foxnow and fxnow and directv is not supported in the provider list!!!!!

ATI Crossfire!

• Level   X

Unfortunately, Voodoo, that's not something we can change here. Please get in touch with your provider and let them know you'd like to see support for those apps.

Do you have an idea to improve Xbox for everyone? Share it with us at Xbox Feedback!

How to Use the Forums

• Level   2

I already have... its something to do with Microsoft and DirecTV have to make a deal with...

ATI Crossfire!

• Level   X

LOL got it! No app at this time. Stay tuned for future updates. The Xbox One is an ever evolving eco-system, the console you see today will not be the console you see in 6 months, a year down the line. I have noted your request (as I dig the idea as-well). Please enjoy the rest of the Xbox One system, Game On!

-Cheers