This question has suggested answer(s)

Live TV freezing

• Level   1

I turn on the xbox one watch tv the screen freezes off and on for a couple of minutes then just freezes. Its not the cable box because as soon as I re hook up the HDMI to the cable box directly TV works fine. So is anyone having this issue? Seems like a straight xbox issue. 

All Replies
    • Level   X

G'day Masterly! Let's try a power cycle on your console.

• Hold the power button on the console for 5-10 seconds and allow it to completely shut down.
    • Unplug the power supply for a full 30 seconds.
    • Plug it back in and reboot, then switch to TV.

Is there any change once this has been done?

Do you have an idea to improve Xbox for everyone? Share it with us at Xbox Feedback!

How to Use the Forums

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

I started experiencing the same problem after the update.  I switched my cable box from 1080i to 720p and it worked.

• Level   1

I tried that last night and still did not work switched the cable and the xbox to 720 the freezing still happens.

• Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

Masterly,

Just to clarify, did you hold the Xbox Console power button down until the console powered off and then removed your finger? The only reason I ask is because I find it takes around 8 seconds to power down. If you pulled your finger off sooner then you are just doing a standard power down. A power cycle clears the cache and resets the network card which typically resolves this issue especially when it is playing fine directly through the TV. Just to eliminate the HDMI cable as the possibility, can you use the cable from your Xbox to your TV and use it for your cable box to your TV just to make sure that HDMI cable isn't bad. Let us know and we'll go from there.

Take the Xbox Forums Feedback Survey!

Customer Service Is Not a Department... It's an Attitude!

• Level   1

Where is the power button on the Xbox one console?

• Level   1

Thank you Misses Joust and eG x Thee Elf!!!!

I was certain it was my HDMI cable. The power cycling did the trick. My cable tv signal was intermittingly freezing up. I performed the power cycle and it worked like a champ. No more frustration, you guys ROCK!!

• Level   1

I had this issue as well. Did the hard reset, but issue was still there. I then unplugged the hdmi cable and plugged it back in and the issue was resolved. Thanks for the suggestions.