So I am a student at UMass Amherst and the network they use requires 802.1x authentication to gain access. I've tried to share the connection from my Macbook numerous times and have had no success. At this point I am willing to try anything please help.
Can you connect directly with a wire? If you can, you probably don't need the password for access.
I don't know much about Mac OS, but here's a guide that sounds like it should help bridge the internet from your macbook:
Since the Xbox 360 does not support 802.1x authentication, I would instead try support.microsoft.com/.../978618
Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7
Sadly they shut off the ethernet ports in all of the residence halls so connecting to xbox live using a wired connection is not possible. Also I have a mac not windows...
Hey SuperrealMuffin! There is something else you can try here. You have the option attempt to do 'MAC Spoofing' (not related to Macbook but Media Access Control). Here's how:
1. Access your wireless computer
2. Load the webpage and accept the authentication page, make sure you can browse to a few pages after doing so!
3. Bring up CMD and type in ipconfig/all.
4. Locate the wireless network adapter and find the “Physical Address”. Write this down.
5. Turn off the computer.
6. Turn on the Xbox.
7. Go into the Network Settings.
8. Select Configure Network.
9. Move over to Additional Settings.
10. Move one down and select Advanced Settings.
11. Select Alternate MAC address.
12. Type in the Physical Address you wrote down (no spaces or colons).
13. Make sure you have hit done at the bottom. This will save the setting and now you can test the connection!Let us know how it goes!
How to use the forums