i purchased and xbox and got a 1 month free xbox live gold card, i think i did everything right to plany xbox live, but when i try to play nhl12 and other multiplayer games, it say the same thing, that my gamer profile does not have the correct permissions to play xbox live, and i beleive all the settings are correct to play...??
Sign in on the Xbox, then tap on the silver GUIDE button so the Xbox guide menu appears.
Go two clicks to the right to Settings
Choose Account Management
Go one more click to the right - does the top item say Xbox LIVE or Xbox LIVE Gold?
If it does NOT say Xbox LIVE Gold, the console does not know you have a Gold (i.e., paid) membership.
I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just updates plus other temporary files, nothing that's at all important to anyone) by:
1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go right 2 clicks to Settings, pick System Settings.
2) Select Storage (or Memory).
3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.
4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.
If that doesn't fix it *please* first
1) go to http://www.xbox.com/accounts & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then STOP: DON'T delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support http://support.xbox.com/contact-us for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:
2) Go to Settings
3) pick System
4) choose Storage
5) pick All Devices
6) choose Gamer Profiles
7) pick the gamertag
8) choose Delete, and
9) pick Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.
1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button
2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.
3) Enter the Windows Live ID for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.
4) Enter the password for the WLID.
4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.
5) Select the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).
6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!
7) Sign in, and play!
Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7
Hi BossyUniform280,Are you still encountering this issue after trying Vibroplex's suggestion? If so, it might because all EA specific games like NHL, FIFA, Madden, Battlefield 3, etc require that you have an account that is over the age of 18 in order to play online on those specific titles.Let us know :).
Twitch Partnerships, Development | Twitter: @BackwardsNinja
playing PVZ and is having an error message "Your Gamer Profile does not have the correct permission to access Xbox Live functionality."
please dont bump old threads, instead create your own the next time
your Profile is shown as silver member on the boards, connecting to multiplayer games requires active Gold Membership. you can either Setup a payment Instrument and purchase a subscription or you can use a live code to activate Gold this way.