This question is not answered

Xbox One overheating / smoking

  • Level   1

this morning while watching tv my console shut off randomly, I went to turn it back on and it would turn on I checked the power strip to make sure it it was the outlet, then I started smelling a electrical burning smell, I assumed it was my Xbox One and unplugged it and plugged in the power brick somewhere else, it wouldn't turn back on and then out of no where it started smoking for about a minute or two. i hurried up and recorded it but my phone was low on storage so i couldnt get it more on film.
I called 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and they had a supervisor talk to me and he said that i could send my xbox in and it would take 3-4 weeks or use the express which took like 3-4 days but i would be billed temporarily for the console. Gamestop said I could just take it to them and get it replaced. I dont know what to do.

All Replies
    • Level   4

    Personally if it were me - take it to Gamestop - if they have the stock that is. Faster turn around and less stress for you. Good luck